No Vintage van after 10 years !!!

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

No Vintage van after 10 years !!!

Post by reddo »

I don't believe it... I just don't believe it..
I look down the backyard to where the use to be up to 3 vintage vans in the carport and .. what do I see... Nothing.. a big fat nothing.
This is the first time in nearly ten years that I haven't had a finished useable van or a vintage van project on the go in the shed.

Missus has got me on suicide watch.... reckons I am like a bear with a saw paw... grizzlin' and grumbling about how miserable life is ....

However... I am receiving counsilling, and I do regular searches on ebay .. gumtree.. the newspaper and the various old van websites to help relieve the tension ... living in hope that something.... somewhere will come along and the sun will start shining on the carport again.....

Hmmmmmm.... might have to dust off the old Reddotel Shed of invention "Bondy detector"...
install a fobbergross chip and see if I cant Russell up a nice termite mound on wheels or a Kennedy??

Meanwhile .. if I could just get the straps undone from the back of this jacket I would be able to hit the search key easier with my fingers....Bloody slow typing with me nose... and the keys are gettin' all gooey !!!

Reddo
griffin

Re: No Vintage van after 10 years !!!

Post by griffin »

Hey Reddo

Things is serious, what are you doing :?: moving on all your toys. I've seen out 3 missus' and still have some of the same toys :oops: but it's a lot cheaper to move on the toys :o so you have the right idea.

Good luck with your quest, I'm sure you will turn up something quickly and worthwhile.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

I wouldnt worry too much about Reddo as he has the uncanny ability to sniff out a potential vintage caravan purchase within a five km radius. :D :D
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:shock: A 5K radius....... hmmmmmm... yup... I could probably find another wife in that area.... but a good vintage van????...
More like 500K radius. :lol:

The search continues....

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Depression is ongoing... :(
However... I did spot this on the e place...and its local 8-) ...
Hmmmm...... :roll:
Perhaps I could knock out another replica TD ( Mk111TD.. this'll be)
in the "shed of invention" while I am waiting for a sexy bondy to answer my advert in "The lonely hearts" classifieds ;) ...

'ere yas go...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hotrod-Vinta ... 1c42d31638

Ok.. OK.. it looks like toilet... but... it will keep me occupied and away from the keyboard.

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Damn..
I should learn to stay away from ebay.
I waited till the auction ended... rang the seller of that TD body .. went and had a look today..
Long story short.. made an offer a lot less than the $500 they where wanting as a start price on ebay...and the bloke said "Deal".. So....
It comes home tomorrow and then gets a good wash with bleach and a waterblast to get the black mould out of the timber grain

Then its into the shed and the fun begins...
Lot smaller than the other TD's I have built... should be fun. !!!!

Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. Ha,saw that couple weeks ago i guess & passing thought imagined you grabbing it then figured nah,Reddos just got another old girl he`s rescued.Just goes to show,theres always room in the back yard. gordo
Richard

Post by Richard »

I knew it. I just knew that Reddo couldnt go a whole two weeks without some type of vintage caravan in the shed. :roll: :roll:
What do you reckon Col ?
Congrats on the new purchase and as always Ill look forward to the restoration and rebuild highs and lows. :D :D :D
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.