CARnivale - Australia Day 2014 in Sydney

griffin

CARnivale - Australia Day 2014 in Sydney

Post by griffin »

It's on again, CARnivale for Australia Day 2014, it seems the old NRMA Motorfest has reached it's use by date after all. Basically the same format, different name, as we found when we attended last year.
To register go to www.australiaday.com.au/CARnivale - we will be giving it a miss next year, might just go in on the train as a spectator.

George
Richard

Re: CARnivale - Australia Day 2014 in Sydney

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Thanks for the link.
After going to Motorfest for about 17 or 18 years we finally missed the event this year, but after the reports from people that attended this new format of the event from earlier this year I think it would be worth while to support this event next year. :D :D :D
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well Linda Joshua and I have just returned from another great Australia day at Motorfest ops that should be CARnivale. Although we opted to take the train instead of a car and caravan this year, it was a relief to actually wander around and have a look at the other cars and chat with the owners, it also gave us a lot of time to see some of the sights of Sydney on Australia Day.
It was a bit of a disappointment to see that there were no vintage caravans there this year, :cry: :cry: but I did hear along the grape vine that the Titcomb's Chev and caravan were parked at the top of Bulli with the bonnet up. :shock: :shock: So I will have to find out what happened there. :?: :?:
The event looks to be held along the same lines as Motorfest although there were a few more hot rods and some fairly new exotic cars as well. But all in all it was a great event and even better I didnt hear anyone complain. :D :D
CARni 1.JPG
I was kind of surprised to see a VB Commodore there, but I suppose these cars are now more than 30 years old. :shock: :shock:
CARni 2.JPG
CARni 3.JPG
CARni 4.JPG
CARni 5.JPG
CARni 6.JPG
CARni 7.JPG
CARni 8.JPG
CARni 9.JPG
Stan Bennetts faithful FX Holden.
CARni 10.JPG
CARni 11.JPG
A VERY nice Studebaker ute.
CARni 12.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Wot?? No caravans, I hope that's not a trend that will continue on what I think is a great day for car lovers. The new format seems to be well accepted, maybe next year I'll be able to attend with the bondwood for the first time.

As you say it is nice to attend without a car occasionally, I have in the past just jumped on the 'rattler' for $2.50, although they don't rattle anymore do they?

A while back I was coming back from an outing along the Northern Road and there was a lot of Mazdas on 'club plates' going the opposite direction and it took me a while to realise I must be getting old, Mazdas on 'club plates' but like the early Commodores their 30 years has arrived. Where does time go :?:

George