Oldest Holden up for auction.

Interesting information and photos of the legendary FX and FJ Holdens.
griffin

Oldest Holden up for auction.

Post by griffin »

This car has been in the news lately and while I'm attending Motorclassica this year I won't be attending the auction so I will have to read what happens in due course.

$2 million for an old Holden, not for me, there are lots and lots of cars I'd rather spend the money on, see Lost in the 50s.

I wonder if Richard will be there holding up a bidding card though :?: :!: ;)

George
Richard

Re: Oldest Holden up for auction.

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Thanks for the link on the old Holden, hadnt seen that one before.
I would like to bid on the old girl but you know how it is, I've just run out of room and at around 2 mill you wouldnt want to just leave it outside. :D :D :D
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Oldest Holden up for auction.

Post by griffin »

Well the old girl didn't come anywhere near the price initially referred to, I think those auctioneers like to handle the truth a big roughly sometimes to get some publicity, whatever it takes I guess. A friend who was at the auction tells me it went for $600,000 plus the commission, still a lot of money for an old Holden.

Seeing it in the flesh at the show didn't make it any more appealing, in fact probably the opposite. None of the auction vehicles excited me to any extent, maybe the Tatra if I'd had to have a bid. A 14.5 litre, chain drive, 1921 La France runabout was getting plenty of interest, one heck of a tow car :!:
Holden prototype.JPG
George