Building Australia Foxtel Documentary.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Building Australia Foxtel Documentary.

Post by Richard »

Well it seems at though the ourtouringpast.com website is becoming very popular these days with our third photo shoot in as many months.

We just don't sit back with our woolly jumpers on. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I was contacted by Tim about 3 months ago about a documentary that Foxtel were planning about "Building Australia" I cant say a real lot about the full content at this stage but it is mainly about the Australian lifestyle.

Here is a segment of the original email sent to me from Tim at the production company.

Episode four is about "The Weekender" - including bush huts, shacks and caravans. In researching the history of caravanning in Australia we came across a couple of vintage caravan websites but thought yours to be very informative and a most impressive website. We are interested in coming to you to film with some of your restored vintage caravans and in filming an on-camera interview between you and John Doyle about the history of caravan culture in Australia, and the types of early and DIY caravans which were made.
Filming would take place on one day between the dates of 1st and 5th April, pending our schedule and your availability.
It would also be great to speak to you in regards to the history of caravanning in Australia to help guide the research I am doing on the subject.
I wish to thank you for your time and hope to hear from you soon.
Kind regards,
Tim

Filming took place at the ""Caravan Museum" yesterday, and what a day it was.
I had a 6:30am start with filming in the museum till about 1:00pm, where we then took to the road in a car with van in tow.
With several locations selected cameras, tracks and lighting needed to be set up several times, with a lot of locals watching on. I had to laugh though at one stage a passing "Postie" stopped to ask John Doyle if he could sign his helmet.
Later in the afternoon after I had given John Doyle a driving lesson with caravan in tow, it was time for him to drive off on his own. ( this is the first time anyone but me has driven one of my cars with a caravan in tow )
With the light slowly fading filming was finished at about 5:30 pm, so by the time I put the car away it was about 6:30pm. What a long day, it was so tiring as most of the day was spent standing around while equipment was set up .

I should know more shortly about when the documentary is going to air, so as soon as I do Ill post it here.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Building Australia Foxtel Documentary.

Post by griffin »

Congratulations Richard, maybe you can give up your day job soon and the postie will be asking for your autograph on the helmet ;)

Sounds exciting, look forward to seeing it :D hang on :shock: bugger, I don't have Foxtel :evil: Can you record it for me :idea: :?: :?:

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
What no Foxtel!
To tell the truth neither do I, but Tim has promised a DVD copy once the bigshots at Foxtel give it the OK, so ill lend it to you. ;) ;)

Cheers.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Forgot to mention that the Foxtel documentary ran early last month and from the feedback it was a big hit.
Anyway Bearcage have kindly given me a copy of the episode that I appeared in, so if anyone missed it when it went to air I can lend you my copy. ;) ;) ;)
You never seem to think you've done well when you see yourself on TV but the caravan and filming looks great. :D :D
Bearcage.jpg