Christmas in July - Forster 19-21 July, 2013

griffin

Christmas in July - Forster 19-21 July, 2013

Post by griffin »

This was a great weekend gathering with almost summer weather of a daytime, certainly no snow at Forster in July, although we did have a bit of rain one night, very helpful for finding leaks it turned out.
Barbara and I went up early to do a bit of exploring, arriving on the 17th, it's a part of the world I've only ever passed through. The event was at the Forster Beach Caravan Park, just off the bridge to the left as you came in from Toncurry. A nice park which seems like it has been there for a long time, I particularly liked the amenities building which looked like it was straight out of the 1960s, hope they never knock it down. It even had great tile mosaic murals on the floors of the toilet/showers, Neptune in the gents and a mermaid in the ladies.
I'll let the photos do the talking.
Amenities exterior 1-c.JPG
Amenities men's mosaic-c.JPG
Amenities - ladies mosaic-c.JPG
Aquamum's Gypsy @Forster-c.JPG
16ft Sunliner Xmas lights-c.JPG
Aerolite-c.JPG
Fairway-c.JPG
Reddos td-c.JPG
Shagnasty's The Ritz-c.JPG
Propert & Sunliner-c.JPG
JBJ's Dee Jay van-c.JPG
tooleyau's Buick & van-c.JPG
Teardrop-c.JPG
That about covers the vans apart from our Debonair.
Some exploring yielded a couple of other vans of interest too. In Forster on the roadside a Wayfarer whose Vic. registration was not long expired.
Wayfarer @ Forster - front-c.JPG
At Nabiac, a garage and caravan sales place has an interesting sales gimmick on the roof. I stopped just for the photo and when he came out to serve me, he wanted to know if I wanted to buy it. Would look good on the roof of the museum Richard ;)
Great Lakes Caravans - Nabiac-c.JPG
With not much at the Krambach markets on the Sunday we took a bit of a drive along Bucket's Way and I had to stop and take a photo of a couple of old Bedfords, only to find a Sunliner tucked in under a shed. "Shagnasty" told me he looked at it a couple of years back and it could be for sale for the right amount of money, a bit much being asked in his opinion.
sunliner @-c.JPG
And on the way back Barbara spotted this one being used on a honey farm, I missed it going both ways :o
honeycombvalley 1-c.JPG
We decided to spend an extra day or two, but wanted to move a little closer to home so we went to Jimmy's Beach Caravan Park at Hawks Nest. As part of the North Coast Holiday Parks chain as was our park in Forster we got a free night on our 'rewards card', stay 6 get one free so that was a good deal. It was a lovely spot with all new amenities, kids play areas, plumbing and electrics to the sites, BBQs, camp kitchen and fire pit,
Jimmies Beach camp kitchen and fire pit.-cJPG.JPG
and the only sound was the birds and wind in the trees. Being off the beaten track and off season it was really quiet. Some squally rain saw us off on departure, as if to give us the message, and four hours later we were back home unpacking :cry: :cry:

George