Overseas - English caravan articles

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
griffin

Overseas - English caravan articles

Post by griffin »

I thought it might be best for a separate thread for these types of items rather than lumping them in with the general advertising in the Overseas Caravans thread.

This first one is from the Vauxhall Motorist, June 1937. It was a magazine produced by Vauxhall Motors for about 30 years. The article is just about the benefits of caravanning and shows a particulary stunning van in the form of the Lolode with a tandem axle and apparently all the mod cons. I couldn't find much about Lolode on the net but here is some interesting information about the creator.

In my view a very stylish caravan and one I'd be happy to be towing behind my 1937 14 hp Vauxhall, a feat the article claims it would do easily. No doubt it could too when the article states that as a dual axle caravan a maximum speed limit of 20mph was applicable, and to be honest I don't think the 14hp would be in danger of exceeding it very often! It was also legal for mum to ride in the van and knock up breakfast on the move!!
1937-6 Vaux Motorist p406-c.jpg
1937-6 Vaux Motorist p407-c.jpg
1937-6 Vaux Motorist p408-c.jpg
1937-6 Vaux Motorist p409-c.jpg
And for good measure, to appreciate the lines and style of the van, an enlargement.
1937-6 Vaux Motorist detail-c.jpg
George