Christmas Wishes

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
DC3TD

Christmas Wishes

Post by DC3TD »

Just wanting to wish one & all a safe & happy christmas. cheers gordon
griffin

Re: Christmas Wishes

Post by griffin »

Similarly from Barbara and I, hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year.

George
Richard

Re: Christmas Wishes

Post by Richard »

Hi DC3TD, Griffin and All.

Well another years and come and just about gone. This year has been a very exciting and memorable one for Linda and I as we were blessed with the birth of our little boy Joshua in February. Since Linda and I were both new parents and Joshua did not come with an instructional DVD, we both took a few months to find our “feet” with a new baby, which meant we have not been out in our vintage caravan as much as we would have liked.

Although Linda did let me out a few times to attend the vintage caravan week at Cowra, and unfortunately I had to leave early as I had Dad with me who took ill. We also made a DVD of the Cowra trip and have burnt about 30 copies, and I think the people that order them were very happy. I also had a great weekend at Tathra that was organised by Jeff, which also featured a nights entertainment by Frankie J Holden, and a not so great weekend at Coledale, weather wise anyway.

Although we have not been away much in our vans this year, we have still been very active in the vintage caravan scene. Early on in the year we were working with the Historic Houses Trust with display items from the ourtouringpast.com caravan museum. Speaking of the ourtouringpast.com museum, It has also kept me busy this year as we had 6 car clubs come through the museum in the last 7 months, and we have bookings for another 3 visiting car clubs for next year already, so it looks as though it is gaining popularity as more people visit.

I have also written 6 articles this year for the Vintage Caravan Magazine, and from the feedback that I have received the articles have been very informative for the people interested in restoring vintage caravans. If you haven’t subscribed to the magazine yet here is the link to the website www.vintagecaravanmagazine.com.au

A couple of months ago we had a photo shoot with Australian Classic Car magazine with the fantastic article coming out only this month which I think was a great way to top off the year. We have also been working with a couple of people over the last 3 or 4 moths and have some new and exciting releases in 2013, so keep an eye on this forum for these in the coming months. :o :o

Anyway that is a quick rundown of our "very quiet" 2012 in the vintage caravan scene. But to finish off Linda, Joshua and I wish one and all a very merry Christmas and we hope you all have a prosperous 2013. And remember that if you are on the road this Christmas break with or without your vintage caravan drive carefully and we look forward to catching up with you on the road somewhere in this fabulous country of ours.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.