Selling my 1960 Kennedy

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
KennedyMeg

Selling my 1960 Kennedy

Post by KennedyMeg »

Hi,
I bought a 1960 Kennedy from a couple in Western Australia. I have been travelling Australia and living in the caravan over the last 3 years. She's a beauty and I am a reluctant seller but need to replace having a towcar with having a campervan so that I can keep travelling and get into more inaccessible places. It's going to be a boring downgrade that's for sure.
I have an odd jobs list to do on the Kennedy, some beautifying with painting a replacement sunroof (for the one that blew off on the Nullarbor) and repainting the wheel trims, replacing screws, the double bed/ kitchen bench mattresses... not too much to do before I sell thanks to the previous owners fixing her up for the road.
I am living in the north coast of NSW now though still have the caravan registered in my home town in WA where registration is much cheaper.
I decided I'll pop the caravan on to ebay in the next few weeks. I'll let you know when I place the ad.
Attachments
Twin beds/ Lounge area
Twin beds/ Lounge area
Caravan on the road.. Angourie NSW
Caravan on the road.. Angourie NSW
cldesign

Re: Selling my 1960 Kennedy

Post by cldesign »

Hi Meg,

Your van looks great, I don't suppose you have any other pics of it? I'd love to be kept in the loop when you put it on ebay, I'm quite keen on the fiberglass vans and yours looks to be in very good condition. Well done!

Cheers,
Colin
KennedyMeg

Post by KennedyMeg »

hi Colin,
Thank you for replying. The caravan is in the process of getting a shine up so am going to post more photos of her when she is looking her best. I am biased and think the Kennedy is a beauty though with a more critical eye the interior shows signs of wear and tear over it's 50 years.
I'll keep you updated if I take any new photos and will definitely let you know when I place the ad.
Regards,
Meg
Attachments
With original annexe
With original annexe
cldesign

Post by cldesign »

Thanks Meg,
I look forward to seeing it spruced up and more pics of the inside. I'll keep an eye out for any updates.
Cheers,
Colin
KennedyMeg

Post by KennedyMeg »

hi Colin,
Just letting you know that the caravan is now listed on ebay. There was only a 10 day auction available for me to sell. I am on my way to Sydney during this time so I hope that suits if you are still interested.
cldesign

Post by cldesign »

Hi Meg,

Thanks for remembering me, much appreciated... However, I picked up a little folding propert van about a month ago and am trying it out to see how I go with towing etc before I move into a lrager one. I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it though as the fibreglass vans are very popular.

All the best Meg,

Thanks again, Colin
KennedyMeg

Post by KennedyMeg »

You are welcome Colin. Congratulations on your purchase too. I recently saw a Propert on the road. They look great! Enjoy.
KennedyMeg

Post by KennedyMeg »

Hi!
My caravan didn't sell on the ebay auction. My timing was quite out listing it over Christmas! After thinking I'd keep her I again realise I need to sell because my tow vehicle is so bad...
I've relisted on gumtree for $8000.
I see that there is a Kennedy featured on the cover of Vintage Caravan magazine.. looks great!
meg