Out the Back.

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
Richard

Out the Back.

Post by Richard »

This is the place where everone can sit down with a beer and have a chat about anything not related to old caravans or FJ Holdens.

Enjoy

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
koala400au

Re: Out the Back.

Post by koala400au »

Well Richard, i think i am on my third beer before I found this new section on the forum. :roll:
It has been a big weekend trying to finish TDno2 at my mates place. All week I had been trying to finish the spray painting but kept finding little problems that needed fixing (not to mention runs).............now it looks OK. Final assembly is now almost complete so a couple of beers are well deserved. Even fitted in time to be dragged around the Canberra Show last night by my two teenage daughter................or was that my wallett that was dragged around :lol: :roll:

take care

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Ken.
2nd TEAR DROP ! It sound as tho you have been busy ,there is nothing better than sitting down after a hard days work on the van and admiring what you have just done.

Cheers.
Richard.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D
G'Day Ken

Not sure if the world is ready for a second.."Black duck"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ya gotta get some photos of MK11 Daffy up here for us mate... sooner than later would be good... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Reddo
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Thanks guys, As Reddo knows there is a story behind my teardrop being called 'The Black Duck' but that is a story for around the campfire sometime. The new teardrop should be called 'Scrooge' as it is being paid for by my mate who is a dutchman..............it is called recycling by some :lol: :roll:
Painting is now finished, it didn't go up in flames when I connected the battery and rego should be next week.

It was built as a project and is for sale. The workmanship is better than TDno.1 but only because we had a better idea what we were doing.

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Ken.
Ill be waiting for the photos as well. You have started Linda off, she keeps saying to me, We should get one of those.

Cheers.
Richard.
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Hi Richard, I have not met your wife but she is obviously a lady with excellent taste :lol:
Now Linda, where would you like your teardrop delivered to and what colour would you like the flash on the side ??

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18