A bit about me.

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
EFFBEEMAD

A bit about me.

Post by EFFBEEMAD »

Hi All,

My first post here, hope its in the right section.

My name is Terry and I'm on the wrong side of 40 :cry: ,married to Theresa ( also called Grumblebum ;) ) and we have two kids, Brady leave your sister alone, who is 13 and knows EVERYTHING, and Brittany stop crying and don't listen to him, who is 11 and is dads little girl.

Some here may know me as FB MAD from another van forum although not a member there for a while now.

I have 12x FB and EK Holdens ( not all on road ), 4 HQ Holdens, 1x 1937 Chev truck and a shed full of things I've bought that I'll probably never use but just had to have, cost me too much but can't get rid of because I'll need it someday and probably couldn't find them now if I needed them anyway.

And we have a vintage caravan that was home made from one of Keith Winsers plans back in 1953 which we bought from the neice of the original builder a couple of years ago.

It runs Ford Pilot 16 inch wheels with a welded up and lengthened I beam kingpin axle ( welds done professionally as the builder was a mechanic).

He ( the builder ) lived in Tamworth and towed the van behind a 1954 Dodge Kingsway.We have photos of it here behind the Dodge and of the original owners with the van.We also have a log book of its first trip and subsequent trips including the cost of food back then as well as the cost of petrol, block ice, van park fees etc , which I'll throw up here on another post down the track a bit with hopefully some photos if I can learn how to get the photos out of the camera into the computer and then into that photobuggerit thing and then onto here.

Yep, you guessed it, I'm computer illiterate :oops: :oops: :oops:

We love to laugh, don't treat life serious, and hope to enjoy life as much as we can.
We all love the caravanning lifestyle and enjoy the company of other likeminded vanners and hope we may meet some of you somewhere on a van trip in the future.

There you go,

There's a bit about me,

Cheers,

Terry.
reddo

Re: A bit about me.

Post by reddo »

Hiya FB Mad..
Old Cessnock Swapmeet Neighbour from way back ;)

Bit cheesed off with you... i waved to the west as i drove through your hometown last Monday morning ..
Ya didnt even bother returning the gesture....... Hmmmph. ;)

And whats this i read :?: :?: :?:
12 FB holdens !!!
I didnt know they made that many back in 1960 :lol:
What did you do.... Buy the entire showroom floor at the Holden dealership in Scone back in 1960/61 :roll:

Good to see your still about. Hope you are weathering the storm with your medical treatment. See ya at an organised "www.ourtouringpast.com" event soon. ;)

Reddo
EFFBEEMAD

Post by EFFBEEMAD »

G'day Reddo, sorry I missed you when you were travelling through pumpkinpickerville, must have been out picking pumpkins I 'spose ;) .

I'll be there at the 'nock swap meet again this year and hopefully with our Vintage Van this time.

Yeah, I know, 12 FB/EK Holdens are a bit much, am about to start the rebuild of one of them with a 307 Chev which should give me enough power to pull a vintage van around all OK ;) .

Thanks for the well wishes on the treatment, the storm is abating now, though there'll be more on the horizon.

Yep, now its getting cooler, well, sort of getting cooler :| ,I'll be able to get in the shed and start stripping the old paint from the VV in readyness for an "ourtouringpast" vintage van outing sometime down the track.

Cheers,

Terry.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Terry.
Good to hear from you. Like Reddo said 12 FB EK Holdens, :shock: :shock: all I can say is you must have a huge shed and a very understanding wife. :lol: :lol:
I Will look forward to seeing you on an ourtouringpast outing soon.

Cheers.
Richard.

PS If you can get the photos out of the camera and email them to me Ill post them for you.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.