Bondwood and Jag at British Car Day, 2011

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
griffin

Bondwood and Jag at British Car Day, 2011

Post by griffin »

Sunday 29 Aug was the annual British Car Display at Kings School grounds and it seemed to be a huge number of cars this year.

One lonely caravan stood out in the corner though, the label said it was a homebuild and it was hitched to a nice Jaguar. I went by a couple of time and never saw anyone I could talk to so don't know who owned it, maybe they are a Forum member and will fess up.
Jag and bondwood, British Day 2011-c.JPG
Displayed on the table in the van was a large black and white photo of a late 30's GM Sloper with an old van, a really great photo, I had to take a snap of it from the door to include here.
old van photo.JPG
Interesting tow hitch too.
Tow hitch- BCD Aug 2011.JPG
George
Richard

Re: Bondwood and Jag at British Car Day, 2011

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
This is the same car and caravan combination that I saw at Forbes at Easter this year, the only thig is, is it a Jag or Austin tow car ?

Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Bondwood and Jag at British Car Day, 2011

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

He is certainly getting around a bit then. Definitely a Jaguar, I'm not so good on my Jag models but I think it's a Mk V. I couldn't take a clean front photo.
Sad to say quite some years ago when I was first into old cars and had just got my 33 & 34 Vauxhalls, my dad came home and wanted to know if I wanted one of these Jags. It was in a shed on a property where he was working and they wanted to get rid of it. I declined for various reasons so he had to drag it out of the shed, run up and down over the top of it with the TD 15 bulldozer to flatten it a bit and buried it! Oh the shame!!! :cry: :cry:

George