Claude and Mary.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

Claude and Mary.

Post by Richard »

I have know Claude and Mary for about 17 years now and they are such a lovely couple. They still have and drive their grey FJ Holden that they bought second hand in 1959. Clude is a retired motor mechanic so it has been no trouble for him to keep the car on the road and over the years he has helped me with restoring my FJ's..

The Sunliner they own was originally 1 of 4 Sunliners that was stored in a wharehouse in Sydney for a few years after the factory at Foster closed down. It was then purchased by a caravan hire company in Kiama, where it was hired out for a short period and then Claude and Mary purchased it in 1970.
The caravan was built in Febuary 1966 and has 2 single beds in the rear and is in extremly good condition considering it was hired out for a short period. Since Claude and Mary purchased the caravan they have kept a detailed log of all the trips the van went on including petrol consumption etc.

Photo taken in 1985 at East Beach caravan Park.
Claude and Mary 1.jpg
Claude and Mary.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.