New Caravan and a Club in New Zealand

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Robert

New Caravan and a Club in New Zealand

Post by Robert »

Hello Richard and fellow members,
It has been some time since I last placed some input on the forums and a lot has changed on this side of the Tassie.
I sold the last caravan unfinish and have purchased a Lilliput.
They are a cute fibreglass light weight caravan that can be towed by a 1500cc vehicle.
We have also joined up with the Lillput Caravan Club which has around 75 members.
I will post a picture as soon as I can rember how. :)
Regards to all.
Robert and Nicola Williams
Attachments
Lilliput Gazelle
Lilliput Gazelle
griffin

Re: New Caravan and a Club in New Zealand

Post by griffin »

Welcome back

A lot has changed on your side of the ditch, especially if you are in Christchurch, boy what a mess :shock: hopefully you and yours are well out of it.

Nice new van, the Lillyput looks like its pretty much ready to roll so look forward to some more photos and details of adventures :)

What are you going to tow it with :?:

Is that aluminium rail for fixing an annex :? it's not on the door side but I suppose you could have one each side if you wanted ;)

George
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

HI YA NEIGHBOUR ;)

NICE LITTLE VAN , VERY BRITISH IN STYLE . DIFFERENT CURVES TO WHAT WE ARE USE TO LOOKING AT HERE IN OZ .

I THINK THE ALUMINIUM RAIL THAT GRIFFIN IS TALKING ABOUT IS ACTUALLY THE GUTTER ON THE TOP THAT CONNECTS INTO DOWN PIPES ( YES DOWN PIPES ) ON ALL FOUR CORNERS . CRAZY HEY !

I WONDER HOW GOOD THEY WORK ?

THANKS FOR THE STORY AND PHOTO .

REGARDS ,
8-) MAURIE 8-)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Robert and Nicola.
Well things have changed, and for the better I see. I have a New Zealand book called Vantastic and I noticed the Lilliput caravans when I first read it. They are a very nice little van, and even better they are fibreglass so you dont need to worry about rotten timber.

I also noticed that the Lilliput Club has 75 members, not a bad following for a little van that was produced in the 60's ( ? )

Cheers.
Richard
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

CRIKEY :shock: DOWNPIPES does it rain that much in N.Z. :) - Might have to start fitting them to vans for the Qld. market soon :P

George
Robert

Post by Robert »

griffin wrote:Welcome back

A lot has changed on your side of the ditch, especially if you are in Christchurch, boy what a mess :shock: hopefully you and yours are well out of it.

Nice new van, the Lillyput looks like its pretty much ready to roll so look forward to some more photos and details of adventures :)

What are you going to tow it with :?:

Is that aluminium rail for fixing an annex :? it's not on the door side but I suppose you could have one each side if you wanted ;)

George
Hello George,
We are in Auckland, so well away from any shakes but we really are concerned for our southern friends and wish them well.

We have two cars for towing. One is a 2007 Honda Civic which is a 2000cc and our new baby which is a 1960 Chevrolet Impala, so no problems there :)

The railing you are refering to is on both sides and for hanging the awnings from.

Thanks for your interest and comments George. Take care
Regards
Robert
Robert

Post by Robert »

mrfj55 wrote:HI YA NEIGHBOUR ;)

NICE LITTLE VAN , VERY BRITISH IN STYLE . DIFFERENT CURVES TO WHAT WE ARE USE TO LOOKING AT HERE IN OZ .

I THINK THE ALUMINIUM RAIL THAT GRIFFIN IS TALKING ABOUT IS ACTUALLY THE GUTTER ON THE TOP THAT CONNECTS INTO DOWN PIPES ( YES DOWN PIPES ) ON ALL FOUR CORNERS . CRAZY HEY !

I WONDER HOW GOOD THEY WORK ?

THANKS FOR THE STORY AND PHOTO .

REGARDS ,
8-) MAURIE 8-)
LOL Maurie they are the awning tracks and there is one on each side.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Richard wrote:Hi Robert and Nicola.
Well things have changed, and for the better I see. I have a New Zealand book called Vantastic and I noticed the Lilliput caravans when I first read it. They are a very nice little van, and even better they are fibreglass so you dont need to worry about rotten timber.

I also noticed that the Lilliput Club has 75 members, not a bad following for a little van that was produced in the 60's ( ? )

Cheers.
Richard
Hello Richard,
Yes they were produced from the 1960's right upto the 1980's. I have the very same book and it is very good.

Also the Lilliput website is http://www.lilliputcaravanlovers.wetpaint.com which has plenty of pictures of what they look like inside as well.

Very good to catch up with you again Richard and as soon as I find the window stickers I will put them on. Thank you
Regards
Robert
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Robert.
Thanks for the update. If you need a couple more stickers just let me know.
Also here is a LINK to Robert and Nicolas Lillyput and Chev photo album.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.