Ballarat Swap Meet 2011.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Ballarat Swap Meet 2011.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I have just returned from another Ballarat Swap, and I must say that it would be one of the better swaps that we have attended there. There were alot less empty sites this year, and I think we made better purchases as well. Although it is a bit hard for Linda as there is not always alot of stuff to keep the women interested as most of the sites have car related bits.
We ran into a few old friends and made alot of new ones as well, as I think I got around to introducing myself to most of the people that Historic Caravans there. But it was a pritty big task as I overheard one of the organisers talking and he said that if you walked every isle in the swap meet it totaled to 14 kms. :shock: :shock: So I wonder how many kilometeres I walked zig zagging from site to site, and there was Saturday morning as well.

An axle and guard assembly for a teardrop camper. I did notice that by Saturday the axle was still for sale minus the guards, so someone must have had a project.
Axle.JPG
Carapark 2.JPG
Carapark 1.JPG
I also spotted this Sportsman that has only had 2 owners and the current one has had it for more than 20 years.
Sportsman.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: Ballarat Swap Meet 2011.

Post by Richard »

A few more of the vans at the swap.
Gracemur.JPG
This English Sterling caravan has had a recent tidy up and now looks great.
Sterling 1.JPG
Sterling 2.JPG
Richard

Re: Ballarat Swap Meet 2011.

Post by Richard »

The last few photos that I have, but there were alot more Historic Caravans there that I didnt get a photo of.
Globetrotter.JPG
Carola.JPG
Wayfarer 2.JPG