Carapark 32ft Triaxle.

A Photo History of old Family Caravanning photos or just old photos of caravans.
Richard

Carapark 32ft Triaxle.

Post by Richard »

I have had this original Carapark photo of a 32' Carapark Zestline caravan for a while now which is dated 1964. There is printing on the back which reads.

Carapark Zestline 32' "MOBILHOME"
The start of the mobilhome era can be seen with the release of this mighty 6 wheel Carapark, the complete living caravan equipped with every modern comfort.
Built for Mr Greg Bullen of Bullen Bros. Circus, this is the most eyecatching caravan on the Australian roads.
32 ft Carapark.jpg
Yesterday I came across another photo of the 32' Carapark triaxle, which I would presume was the same van.
The van vas purchased from Greg Bullen, who had the van made in Newcastle, and was reportedly the first triaxle caravan in Australia.

At a rough guess I would say the photo was taken in the mid to late 70's.
32ft Carapark. Greg Bullen..jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Carapark 32ft Triaxle.

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

This is such a great bit of gear, it's hard to imagine it didn't survive as a home on someone's property or a permanent on site, dare say it might take a bit of towing though :)

George
e38e49

Post by e38e49 »

Doe`s anyone know where this van is today?
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi e38e49
In the past 17 years that I have been "playing" with Historic Caravans I have not heard anything of this beauty. But in saying that it never ceaces to amazes me what still pops up now and then, :?: :?: so we will need to keep looking. :D :D
e38e49

Post by e38e49 »

Hi Richard,
i`m into Caraparks, just wundering if you knew of any big Caraparks around, i`ve had Caraparks in my family since 1958, i still have a few,

Cheer`s
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi e38e49
Sorry I cant help with any big Caraparks, there doesnt seem to be alot of big vans left, or it could be that the smaller vans were more popular so there would be more that survived. You said you still have a few Caraparks. We would love to see some photos if you have any ! The easiest way is to email me the photos and ill post them for you.

Cheers.
Richard.