Kens Homebuilt Teardrop

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
koala400au

Kens Homebuilt Teardrop

Post by koala400au »

Hi Guys, below are some photos of my teardrop van that a friend and I built myself built about a year ago. We have had a lot of positive feedback about the van and have used it for a couple of weeks camping. It is quite practical and could be described as being somewhere between camping and a full sized caravan but that suits us as we like to be outside sipping on a coldie and chatting about the days adventures with other travellers.
Kens teardrop.jpg
Kens 1.jpg
Kens 2.jpg
Kens 3.jpg
kens 4.jpg
Kens Brochure.jpg
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
reddo

Re: Kens Homebuilt Teardrop

Post by reddo »

Hi Ken

I have emailed Richard to see what i need to do upload photos to this section. I tried the other day and recieved a message stating that the images where too large??.
Having seen your teardrop van on more than one occassion i can honestly say it is a job well done.
Hope we can get the links problem sorted out soon.

Reddo
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Thanks Reddo, yup I had the same problem so that is why the links are in my post rather than the actual photos.

I once new a bloke by the same name as yours, maybe you are related :roll:

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Ken.
Just love the teardrop, I have known about this little van for a while now and I am very impressed that this modern build from original plans looks very vintage.
This is what this website is all about having a data base to research plans or types of vans , building / repairing or restoring and most important of all is getting out there and actually using these vans, a shed full of vintage vans is useless to any one unless you get out there and use them.

Cheers
Richard
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Great combo there Ken, they sure attract their share of attention
Let's hope it's not to long before we all get together again ;)
Kingy
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

I`ll have one of each please. Fab combination. They certainly suit each other. Actually 'made for each other' would be apt.Kinda makes you want to be there 'in the moment'. cheers
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Well Mr DC3TD I will let you into a little secret but you must promise not to tell anyone :))
I know where you can purchase a teadrop identical to mine, brand new, still to be registered about 4 weeks from completion. Keep it quiet but if you turn up with your cheque book then you can tow it away. :roll:

Now regarding the other half.................if you have a nice 57 buick then we can negotiate. :lol:

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18