COLEDALE 2010

mrfj55

COLEDALE 2010

Post by mrfj55 »

HI ALL , :)

DONT FORGET THIS WEEKEND (16-17 OCT) IS THE COLEDALE BEACH , NEAR WOLLONGONG , GATHERING .

HOPEING TO OUTDO LAST YEAR AND GET 60+ VINTAGE VANS ATTENDING , :o WOW :o HOW GOOD IS THAT !

IF YOU CANT BRING YOUR VAN DOWN , JUST COME DOWN FOR A LOOKY-SEE , SATURDAY IS THE BEST DAY . EVERYONE IS FULLY SET UP AND RELAXING AND HAPPY TO SHARE THEIR RIGS WITH THE PASSING CROWD .

ALSO WE WILL BE RUNNING AN AUCTION TO RAISE MONEY TOWARDS MENS PROSTATE CANCER RESEARCH AT AROUND 1.30pm OUTSIDE THE AMENITIES BLOCK .(HOW APPROPRIATE) . MOST OF THE ITEMS WILL BE CARAVAN RELATED OR COLLECTABLE MUST HAVE THINGIES !

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS 8-) MAURIE 8-) .
Richard

Re: COLEDALE 2010

Post by Richard »

Thanks for the reminder Maurie.
Although it was a very windy and wet weekend, it was great to catch up with some good friends. And on a bit of a side note, an auction of old caravan stuff was held and the generous bidders raised $1700.00 for Prostate Cancer. So good on everyone.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Guys.

Even though the weather turned to crap on friday after such a wanderful thurday arvo i still enjoyed catching up with other Öur Touring Past "members and checking out thier latest restos and refurbishments on some of thier existing vans.

That "Glen"van will look a treat when its all done and finished Richard 8-) 8-) 8-) .

Look forward to catching up again somewhere in the not too distant future.
Regards
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

A few photos of the vans and people that attended the weekend at Coledale.
Carapark.JPG
Doris.JPG
Janorma.JPG
Cruzin.JPG
Jennison.JPG
Richard

Post by Richard »

few more vans from last weekend.
Georges Olympic.JPG
Di s Propert.JPG
Van 1.JPG
Ticko s.JPG
The GLEN.JPG
Van 2.JPG
Richard

Post by Richard »

The last few photos of some of the attendies at Coledale.
Dave.JPG
Properts.JPG
Reddo.JPG
Sunliner.JPG
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

GREAT PHOTIES MATE , A GOOD CROSS SECTION OF STYLES AND MATERIALS USED TO BUILD THESE OLD DARLIN'S .
DID ANYONE GET TO SEE INSIDE THE PALE GREEN PROPERT CALLED "MISS BENNETT" OWNED BY DAVE & FRAN FROM LITHGOW ?THAT LITTLE LADY WAS PACKED WITH THE BEST DISPLAY OF 50's CAMPING/PICNIC GEAR THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN .NOT JUST DISPLAY BUT PRACTICAL AND USABLE STUFF , LIKE IT WAS REALLY STILL THE 1950's . I WOULD SAY A LOT OF HARD WORK TO COLLECT ALL OF IT , ALOT OF TIME AT MARKETS AND GARAGE SALES I RECKON !

I THINK COUPLED TO HIS AUSTIN UTE THIS PAIR WOULD MAKE A GREAT ATTRACTION AT SYDNEYS MOTORFEST ON AUSTRALIA DAY NEXT YEAR ! BETTER THAN ANY OF THE EXPENSIVE BUT BOREING MARQUES THAT NORMALLY ATTEND .

LETS TRY AND GET HIM THERE !

REGARDS , 8-) MAURIE 8-)
p.s THE AUCTION RAISED $1700.00 TOWARDS CANCER RESEARCH .
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi all

What a blast, literally, nearly blown away but a good weekend, our first as participants with a van rather than just spectators for a few hours :lol:

The trip down was eventful, lost a hub cap that took ages to find, but I did, I wasn’t leaving without it :!: Bulli proved the Velox DOES slip quietly out of 2nd gear :shock: and despite new brakes it took some stopping, with some interesting weaving among the temporary road works signs on the verge; the following motorists must have wondered what the hell I was doing :?

The weekend seemed to pass so quickly, despite the weather. I had to pick up some bits for my 34 restoration project Saturday morning in Wollongong, the auction filled and entertained for the afternoon, some chatting, dinner and the camp fire, time for bed, where did the day go. Unfortunately I couldn’t enjoy a drink due to a lingering bout of gout but it was nice to get to talk other owners and look at their vans, even a couple of Olympics to look at first hand :)

Friday & Saturday nights were fairly sleepless though, I’ve not been in a van with doing much rockin n rollin since I was a newly wed living in a caravan – AND we had an earth tremor in the middle of the night :o What where you thinking ;) :oops:

Hardest part of the weekend was leaving, not that I wasn’t ready to go but that steep little pinch out onto the main road and the traffic made it very difficult :cry: .

A few more photos:-
Coaldale view-c.JPG
Cul-de-sac corner.JPG
Globe Trotter-c.JPG
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

And a few more photos.
1956 Buick Special & teardrop-c.JPG
This Buick might be more suited to my Olympic :!:
Coledale - not as serene as it looked..JPG