Rollalong Caravans

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
griffin

Rollalong Caravans

Post by griffin »

ROLL-A-LONG CARAVANS
13 Loranne Street, Bentleigh, Victoria.

This advertisment is from the 1938 edtion of Australian Caravan Magazine & Log Manual and unfortunately does not include any illustration or details of sizes but as they are specifically 'for the light car' I guess they were smaller sizes. A hire fleet of the latest 1938 models was available.
So far 'on line' newspaper searches didn't come up with anything further using either of the spellings shown for Rollalong.
Roll-A-Long 1938 ACM.jpg
With my vocabulary, the motto 'SPACE WITHOUT INCUBUS - COMFORT WITHOUT CARE' left me wondering about 'incubus' so an online word search offered two meanings, given here to save you the trouble of looking it up.
The first definition is obvioulsy intended in this situation "something that causes somebody much worry or anxiety, especially a nightmare or obsession."
The second definition sounds interesting, "in medieval times, a male demon that was believed to have sexual intercourse with women while they were asleep." No doubt then incubus may have been blamed for the odd unexpected pregnancy!

George