Keith Winser Publications. Caravan Books.

A recorded history of Keith Winser and his publications.
donricardo

Re: Keith Winser Publications. Caravan Books.

Post by donricardo »

G'day Richard,

Well that explains that! :D :D :D I was thinking that there surely must have been some changes between 1956 and 1964 - I couldn't imagine Winser not updating the info on the caravan parks and the photos at the very least.

So the mystery deepens - what is in the 1964 edition? Guess we'll have to wait and see. There are quite a few copies of the '56 edition around, but yours - or at least your cover :lol: :lol: :lol: - is the only copy of the '64 edition I've seen.

Don Ricardo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard,

I only have two Keith Winser publications but one of them does not appear to be listed so thougth it might be of interest. It has the same cover design as the 1951 edition but it is not in colour, the trailer plate still is 1951. It has 66 pages.
Attachments
1952-3 Motor Manuals.jpg
griffin

Post by griffin »

Here's a couple more KW publications that don't seem to have been covered. I'm not lucky enough to own them, but these are advertisements are from Modern Motor, and I assume they reflect the actual covers.
KW Caravan Almanac advert - AMM Dec, 1962 -c.jpg
Nice Jennison!
KW Caravan Manual 1965 -c.jpg
Nice to see the car and van have matching colours.

And this one I do own, being the only KW publication I've run across at what I considered the 'right price', considerably more that it's original 5/6, but still reasonable.
1952-3 Book of Lightweight Trailers.jpg
And finally, an advertisement from Modern Motor, July 1956, featuring the promo photo shown earlier. He was certainly a prolific publisher.
KW 2-7-1956 -c.jpg
George
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.
I picked this edition up at Nabiac Motorcycle swapmeet yesterday.

back cover..
DSCN7222.JPG
front is titled "Plans for Australian Caravans"....
DSCN7221.JPG
Not sure of what year it may be .. but it mentions cars like the 1956 F.E Holden.. so its at least 1956 onward.

inside front cover states "New 5th Edition ".

Cheers
Reddo