Toy Caravans - Modern productions.

A Photo History of any caravan related items from camping gear to toys.
griffin

Post by griffin »

In order to keep the original Toy Caravans thread free from more modern toys and models I thought a separate thread for the more modern interpretations would be appropriate.

George

With only 11 months to Christmas :shock: I thought I would share this item left by Santa a few weeks ago. Not exactly a model I suppose, it's a bird feeder, for little birds by the look of it, the overall measurement is 20cm and the little peg for the bird to sit on would find a sparrow struggling to hang on with one foot :? Anyway it's a nice little addition to my 'caravanalia', the tag with it says it's from Ajay's Emporium, http://www.ajaysemporium.com, which I haven't checked out yet.

It will live inside, I think if I put it out the local Cockies would cart it off for a joke :!:
bird feeder.JPG

George
griffin

Re: Toy Caravans.

Post by griffin »

Here's a modern toy caravan, Smiley according to the number plate, I ran across in an upmarket toy shop at Kellyville Ridge recently displayed in the window. I didn't ask the price, but judging by everything else there it wouldn't have been cheap especially if it is fully equipped as displayed, it even has a game of Snakes and Ladders on the floor. Lots of choke hazards there so I guess it would only be for a bigger kid to play with. And for a tow car you could have a very unusual Morris Minor convertible, four door with timber like a Traveller which was by the same maker.
Smiley.JPG
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

These two caravan models are from a friends extensive collection by Landsdowne (UK) models. The vans are a 1956 Willerby Vogue, a very smart looking van for 1956. I think there are several other colours in the model too.
Landsdowne model - 1956 Willerby Vogue-c.JPG
Landsdowne Willerby Vogue.JPG
George
griffin

Re: Toy Caravans - Modern productions.

Post by griffin »

A local model shop has this rather nice Airstream caravan model by Motor City Classics, it's a 1:18 die cast model about 25cm long and selling for $199. It is quite detailed with an opening door on which the centre section also opens, and the roof hatch is removable showing a detailed interior.
Motor City Classics model-c.JPG
According to an internet model site it was released in 2004 and is also available in a 'weathered' look with stains and dirt.

George
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

One i recently picked up, its home made.
Attachments
007.JPG
005.JPG
griffin

Post by griffin »

An Oxford 1:76 scale commercial caravan, found at Hobbyco for around $8, and a nice detailed little model that even has a port hole. All the action is on this side, the other is completely plain.
Oxford 1-76 model van-c.jpg
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

Airstream by Dakota.

While in Coffs Harbour recently I saw this model in a shop at the big shopping centre. Amazing what they can do with a bit of tin.
Airstream model by Dakota-c.jpg
It was about $80, but not my style so it's still there.
George
griffin

Post by griffin »

This little outfit appeared recently in a K-Mart toy catalogue for Christmas. I didn't spot it anywhere when doing some shopping for the grandkids.
K Mart -  Xmas 2014.jpg
And it has a heart shaped porthole. Pity you don't have a little girl Richard!

George
griffin

Post by griffin »

A visit to the local Lifeline shop found me the proud owner of a teardrop at last. The make is unknown and the number plate is VHU-00M and the cost was merely a dollar! No tow car that looked like it belonged to it unfortunately.
ZHU-OOM teardrop-c .jpg
Zhu-oom teardrop rear-c.jpg
The wheel is about as tall as a matchbox to give it some perspective.
George