Malleys Picnic Kettle.

A Photo History of any caravan related items from camping gear to toys.
Richard

Malleys Picnic Kettle.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I went to the Wagga Wagga swap meet a couple of weekends ago and I picked up some NOS parts for my FJ's, and we also picked up a few parts from old caravans. One of the things we did get was a New Old Stock Malleys Picnic Kettle.
I have used one of these little Kettles before and it is surprising that you only need a small fire with twigs and leaves to boil the water.
Picnic Kettle.jpg
Picnic Kettle 2.jpg
Picnic Kettle 3.jpg
The secret to the Picnic Kettles quick boil is the funnel shaped chimney.
Picnic Kettle 4.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Re: Malleys Picnic Kettle.

Post by DC3TD »

And here`s my Sinclair Picnic Kettle.Clips to battery terminals. It has provision for quick or slow boil. Came with good ol` aussie cups,spoons & jars. Another one i have is this Pye 240V self pourer.Once boiled it sounds buzzer attached at side then tilts & pours.You would want to be in earshot of buzzer to switch off:
cheers
Last edited by DC3TD on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Gordon.
Great little Kettle. I actually have one of these as an accessory for my FJ Holden, but I dont have the cups and jars. I dont know how well they work, I have never been game enough to use it on my 6 volt battery as it struggles to start the car as it is.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Here's a SIRRAM brand car kettle which looks unused and still in the box. It was at a stall at British Car Display last weekend and I couldn't see a price. They had half a dozen picnic sets of the same brand and all over $400 :o :o
Sirram car kettle-c.jpg

No good for the early Holden, it's 12 volt.

George
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Just half fill it then says Paddy! Very nice George but you`re supposed to buy not look. The picnic sets are probably worth the dollars if in good condition & complete. cheers gordon