Propert 5.259

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
griffin

Propert 5.259

Post by griffin »

I finally found some photos of Propert folding van 5.259 which I see is not on your listing. They were taken at Londonderry Swap in November 2005. The seller wanted about $1500 for it as I recall and so I dragged 'she who must be obeyed' over to have a look. However 'she etc' very quickly gave it the thumbs down, :o not impressed by Mr. Propert's invention so I left it be. It did need a fair amount of work even to my unknowing eye and I wonder who has it stashed away now. I've seen the seller since and it sold sometime after the swap. It had been in use as a cubby house he claimed.

By the way, we do own a piece of Propert history though, a flour sieve, which I've asked never to be tossed out :!: :? - from 'she'.

Anyone know what became of 5.259?? Some photos at the swap.
Propert Front..jpg
Propert Rear..jpg
Propert Name plate..jpg
Richard

Re: Propert 5.259

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
I havnt seen 5.259 before, it looked to be in OK condition back in 2005 and I only hope the new owner wasnt going to use it as a cubby house again, as I dont think it would have lasted much longer if it was left out in the weather.
I think if anyone dug deep enough into their old kitchen ware draws they would find some kind of Propert kitchen utensil, considering they have been one of the major suppliers of kitchen ware from the early 1940's.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Well wonder no longer as I have tracked down Ron who own 5 259. Hopefully Ron will let us know what has been happening with the van.

Here is a sneak peak.
Propert.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Doesn't look like much happening for the moment from the photo but I'm pleased to see it is safe and well under cover.

George