Jennison Caravans.

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
jennison

Re: Jennison Caravans.

Post by jennison »

Hi Steve
Re the rebadging it is indeedmentioned somewhere in the history pages.
By mid/late 1960s the Pyms had stopped building their own caravans and were selling rebadged franklins as pathfinders. They were also selling boats. By the 1970s they decided to stop selling caravans altogether and concentrate on boat sales only

They still operate today as pathfinder marine selling sailboats at their Sydney office and more luxury craft at an outlet up near the Gold Coast somewhere. I tried a number of times to involve or get some interest from Dick Pym junior and his brother but the caravans were really before their time or involvement with the business and they simply were not interested. Dick senior unfortunately had died a couple of months before I first contacted them.
Great to see another unearthed, rebadged or otherwise!
Jenno
Stephen4Julie

Post by Stephen4Julie »

Hi Jenno,
Great to help out in covering the history of this great brand, there is a beginning and now getting down to an idea of the end, hopefully we can fill the middle in with some more great finds
Cheers Stephen
akeepsake

Post by akeepsake »

Saw this rare species so I thought I might snap a pic before it escaped!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Great shot akeepsake.
Very glad to see the van restored and back on the road. :D :D
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
akeepsake

Post by akeepsake »

Thanks Richard . Any further work done on your Jennison?
Cheers Andrew
akeepsake

Post by akeepsake »

Ok mucking around with effects etc!
griffin

Post by griffin »

Here is a 1937 advert for The Supreme "Jennison" Caravan Cruiser with the patented telescopic roof.
Jennison Truth (Sydney) 9-3-1937.jpg
Jennison Truth (Sydney) 9-3-1937.jpg (105.2 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
George
jennison

Post by jennison »

Another goody George!
Jenno
griffin

Post by griffin »

I'm in love!!! Since becoming interested in old vans Jennisons have been top of the pile for me, I just really like the style, but nothing in the Jennison line has come my way.
Today I ran across this 30ft Jennison Pathfinder for sale and it really makes me wish I still had my couple of acres and shed which was big enough to house half a dozen of them. It could have been my man cave, what a man cave!! Even in it's present sad state it is the most imposing van I've ever seen and it is such a lovely stylish shape.
Looking back at the thread it has to be a '59 model, even the colour scheme matches in style and the strange door over the wheels.
JP1-c.jpg
JP10-c.jpg
JP3-c.jpg
JP12-c.jpg
JP4-c.jpg
On the inside not much remains and it would appear it had been used as an on site type van. Kitchen at the front and bathroom at the back, complete with the plastic bath. I think the toilet may not be the original.
JP5-c.jpg
JP7-c.jpg
JP8-c.jpg
JP9-c.jpg
And here is the contact.
JP13-c.jpg

Come on Jenno, you must know someone who can save this beauty?? Unfortunately what appears to be a one piece hatch in the post on page 2 of the thread is missing, replaced with a raised section of roof.
I might nearly have to go back and have another look, I never got down to have a look underneath at the doings.

George
jennison

Post by jennison »

I so wish George.
This cropped up about a month ago
Less than $400 and it's yours!
I do hope someone can save it it's the first that size we've seen that's still around
Great job for a retired fella!!
Jenno