A couple of handy hints from the "SHED OF INVENTION "

Technical Information and Photos of historic caravan restorations and repairs.
reddo

A couple of handy hints from the "SHED OF INVENTION "

Post by reddo »

Hi all
I was going to put this thread in "Handy Hints".....but i cant start a thread there, so i will kick off here..
Just a couple of ideas that might either save you a few bucks or a bit of frustration when setting up your annexe

Useless info No: 1

I recently managed to destroy the trigger mechanism on my silastic/ sikafkex/ caulking gun....cussed and swore and was about to throw it in the bin when i took a second look at the shaft..
Perfect length and thickness for a tent / annexe peg..
Hardened steel and hexagonal .. less likely to bend when walloped with a hammer..
So... next time you are out garage sailing , or in a junk shop and see a silastic gun for $1.00 .. grab it.. disarm it and keep the shaft . :lol:

Useless info No: 2
How often have you cussed and swore at annexe ropes coming loose all the time in strong winds..especially late at night and your all tucked away in bed hugging your dooner. :!: :roll:
Well .. cuss no more.. we here at Susswear ( a division of Reddotel International ) have the answer :idea: .
Back when i was in the cub scouts i was shown the correct way to threadle up your annexe rope blocks..
I see a lot of ropes on annexes that simply pass through one hole down around the spring and back up through the hole... this is the reason they slip..
See photo for one of the better options..
when a rope is threadled this way it puts a lot tighter bight on the rope and stays put in strong winds .
Other alternative is to drill the 2 holes in the blocks at right angles to each other... has the same effect of putting a bight on the rope. ;) 8-)

Useless tip number 3
How often do you find that when you arrive at your chosen / or allocated camp site that your annexe ropes have been "Mateing" in the bag or box you store em in :?: :evil:

You go to get one rope out and all his mates come along for the ride.. a bunch of grapes to sort out..doh.. doh doh .. i hear you say !!!

Weeeeeelllll.. sort no more trendsetters.. we here at Susswear have the answer.
Head into the bedroom and sort through your sox draw.. retrieve anything with a hole in it . Old woolen soxs are the best... or those órrible nylon footy sox can be dispatched as well.
Head back to your "Bunch of grapes "get all the ropes apart. role em up one at a time neat and tidy.. then stuff em in a sox each...
hear is one i prepared earlier... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks happy dont he ???

End result is a whole bunch or happy little travellers ready to be quickly deployed to their own little part of the annexe without fuss or swearing...
But wait even morer .... i hear you say.. we want more for our $49:95 X 16 easy payments.. phone now and we will include useless hint number 4..
Tired of ratting through your annexe ropes looking for those elusive "Double bunger "corner pole ropes :?: ..yyyyyeeeesssssssssiiiiree .. we here at susswear have got that covered too.. :idea: .
Simply head into the missus sox drawer and pinch 2 of her bright pink soxs to store the corner ropes in.. quick and easily identified when setting up your annexe.. no peeking into each sox looking for that double bunger .
By Gingo.. By crikeys we have got you covered aye !!!

Disclaimer...Reddotel does not condone using your wifes panties for rope storage. Keep them for wearing on your head at Christmas parties :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No animals where hurt or injured in the making of this advert.
Reddotel Susswear ( redg trademark ) is a division of "Líar and De Shonke" buyers and Sellers of Mediocre Used Motorcycle
humpyboy

Re: A couple of handy hints from the "SHED OF INVENTION "

Post by humpyboy »

How I've missed reading posts like this, Thanks Reddo you have made my night.
If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it, it's Spam.