The National Caravan Museum.

Technical Information and Photos of historic caravan restorations and repairs.
Richard

The National Caravan Museum.

Post by Richard »

Well it has taken a while for me to get around to it but it is now official that Australia has a National Caravan Museum at Corrimal.
Our first official visitors under the new branding was the Austin Car Club based in Sydney.
It was a great day with around 40 people attending the 10 displays open for inspection not including the caravan memorabilia ranging from toy caravans to vintage camping gear.
Photo A.JPG
Photo B.JPG
Photo C.JPG
Photo D.JPG
Photo E.JPG
Photo F.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: The National Caravan Museum.

Post by Richard »

Forgot to mention the last two photos in the last post are of two classic Millard Caravans that people attending the museum display day brought along for the show. :D :D
e38e49

Post by e38e49 »

where abouts in Corrimal is the Caravan museum?

Cheer`s Harold
griffin

Post by griffin »

Congratulations Richard, I guess that means we aren't off on a joint venture to Gunning then?
Maybe when the Government sell off Medicare you can put your hand up for a grant? I'm sure Wendy from Motorlife can give you a few tips.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Harold.
At this stage the National Caravan Museum isnt open full time, and we really only open for group bookings of car clubs etc. Although if I know someone is really interested in dropping in I can usually meet them there for a quick look and a chat. ;) ;) ;) If your interested you can call me on 0408 671770.

Thanks George.
Not sure if Wendy will give me the low down as she tends to keep that info under wraps. :D :D
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

Congratulations Richard.

I look forward to dropping in one day to have a peek through your vans and perhaps donate a few items for the museum ive collected over the years.

Cheers.

Dave
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard,

:shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-)

Congratulations on the Opening of "The National Caravan Museum".
Anyone that knows you and your wife , understand just how much time and effort you put into rescuing / preserving / displaying and using your collection of vintage caravans.

Each and every van that I have seen from your collection have been restored to a very high standard and I am sure that is also reflected in your new venture.

Add to that the collection of period camping / caravanning equipment and model display and I am sure that anyone visiting the museum will have a very enjoyable day out.

Will have to put the museum on my "To do" list next time I am down your way . ;)

Regards
Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Congratulations Richard.After all the hard work & long hours you`ve put in its finally paid off.Well done,good luck & continued success. gordon
jennison

Post by jennison »

way to go Richard well done
jenno