Formica and Laminex patterns.

Technical Information and Photos of historic caravan restorations and repairs.
Richard

Formica and Laminex patterns.

Post by Richard »

While at the Bendigo swap meet a few weeks ago I was lucky enough to pick up "the holy grail" for a caravan restorer like me. It is a late 1950's early 1960's double sided three fold Formica brochure showing 45 colour samples :o :o and I was lucky enough to get all of this for $1.00 with the lady that I purchased it from saying "I didnt think anyone would buy this". :lol: :lol:
Formica 1.jpg
Formica 2.jpg
Formica 3.jpg
Formica 4.jpg
Formica 5.jpg
Attachments
Formica 6.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Formica and Laminex patterns.

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

A nice find, and a good companion for a 40 page booklet of about the same era I have on Masonite. Unfortunately it is mostly house furniture plans and nothing mentioned about caravans, but it does have a page on plastic and aluminium mouldings and special tools and another showing the colour range of the 'Seadrift' range of textured masonite. Not that I recall ever seeing any. I might pop them on the Masonite thread for interest anyway.

Just a dollar - sweeeet :o

George
bigkev

Re: Formica and Laminex patterns.

Post by bigkev »

A very good find Richard as they say one persons rubbish is another's treasure, I must say I remember the patterns and a liked a lot of the funny ones. I can't say every one did though my parents always said they looked like the kids had been scribbling over the table, I'm now as old as they were when they said that but I still like it.

Kevin