Unusual van find

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Stephen4Julie

Unusual van find

Post by Stephen4Julie »

Hi All,
While splashing around during the big wet in Kempsey on the weekend I came across a unusual van that had been sitting in the same place for about 15 to 20 years, the owner thought it was a horse float but on closer inspection I was amazed how good a condition it was in and it didn’t feel like a home made as the interior finish had some quality to it and what I thought was a wardrobe turned out to be a wash room with foot pump, will attempt to recover soon, any ideas on the make ???

Cheers Stephen4Julie
Richard

Re: Unusual van find

Post by Richard »

Hi Stephen4Julie.
Yep another great find and unusual as well.
I must admit though it is very Carapark esk, and I happened to come across a Carapark factory photo with a "toaster" van with a very similar cladding to this one, which was also below the waist line. By the look of the rust on the window frames, are they steel? As Carapark was already using aluminium windows.
I would be voting for a home built job BUT by the look of it who ever built it knew what they were doing. ;) ;)
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Stephen4Julie

Re: Unusual van find

Post by Stephen4Julie »

Hi, today was the first step in recovering the unusual van from it’s place of rest, I know most would not take the time of day but the excitement of saving old vans is a great feeling, the wheels are HT and the under frame is in really good nick, so stay tuned for more of this rescue

Cheers Stephen4Julie