Hello from a caravan hoarder

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
vintagefarmer

Hello from a caravan hoarder

Post by vintagefarmer »

First ever post on here so hope I can drive everything!
I'm sure lots of you on here know of me from another forum but always happy to make new friends 8-)

We are a farming family in Northern Vic. Very proud owners of;

1964 Globetrotter

1962 Viscount

Current project; 1958 ish? Phoenix

& sons Franklin Caravelle project

Richard

Re: Hello from a caravan hoarder

Post by Richard »

Well hi there vintagefarmer.
Its great to have you as a member of the forum, and yes we doo love photos.
So thanks for posting the photos of your hoard of caravans and also a couple of very nice period tow cars as well.
I love the Viscount, even though its pink 8-) 8-) and the Phoenix also looks to be in good condition for a restoration project.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Post by griffin »

Welcome vintagefarmer, does that mean old tractors, trucks, stationary engines and bits of machinery all over the place too :?:
Plenty of room for some more caravans too by the look of it.

George
vintagefarmer

Post by vintagefarmer »

Thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, there are a few bits & bobs lying around the farm. Mostly 16yo son who plays with the engines & is getting the farms first tractor, a 'Twin City' up & running. He hopes to restore an early seeder & harvester too & sow & harvest his own crop! A lot of projects to fit around school but we are very proud of him & it sure beats wasting his life on the computer.
Re my pink Viscount Richard, That was as close to original colour as I could get it :) Bought the car to match ;) As for the Phoenix van, hmm, what to paint her when ready?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

The Globetrotter, Max's old van ??

Dave
vintagefarmer

Post by vintagefarmer »

Hi Dave, yes it is Max's old GlobeTrotter. A beautifully preserved van & a joy to own.
vintagefarmer

Post by vintagefarmer »

Still lots of jobs to do on the Phoenix but the paint & trim is complete on the sides. I'm pretty happy with how she's turned out :P

OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

VERY nice :D :D

Dave
griffin

Post by griffin »

It does look good, what about details of the paint and method used, I'm interested after my own dismal attempts at painting, although today, with the help of a painter mate, we got two coats on just as the first drops of rain came, so back under the cover. Its the coolest day in a month here so some success at last.

George
vintagefarmer

Post by vintagefarmer »

Hi George, I find using the best undercoat & paint you can buy pays off. Pre sanding must remove all irregularities. I use a smooth orange coloured foam roller & I chuck most of my brushes after use, mainly because I am too lazy to wash them! :D
I think I am going to have to strip all the cupboards, I'm just not happy with how they look compared to the newly made & stained ice chest door. :cry: Although if the paint is ingrained into the timber, I am going to be devastated. Decisions, decisions :?