Graeme's Propert.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

Graeme's Propert.

Post by Richard »

These are some photos emailed in by forum member Greame how is restoring Propert 70.341.
I will leave it to Greame to add the story of how he got it.
Graeme 1.jpg
Graeme 2.jpg
Graeme 3.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
graeme

Re: Graeme's Propert.

Post by graeme »

Hi I'm Graeme.
My wife and I own a 57/58 Morris Major, it was my wife,s first car and she purchased it before she was 17. I was going to build a teardrop van to tow behind the Morris, when I was informed of a small fold out caravan in a shed on a property outside Wauchope N.S.W. A couple of days later I saw Richards caravan collections on the Collecters. The van was stored in a leanto sort of a shed with a dirt floor and had been there for 20yrs. After cleaning out the shed we managed to pull the van out and you can only imagine our excitment when we saw that plate on the back identified it as a Propert. The lady who owned the van was burning some old timber at the time and on seeing the state it was in suggested that I put it on the fire, but we convinced her that we wanted it so she wished us luck and gave it to us with her blessing.
The van has suffered damaged from dry rot and white ants, but with some TLC we hope to soon have her behind the old Morrie and attending a few rallies.
We will keep you posted and up date pics on restoration. Have never done anything like this before so it's a bit of a challenge. Have found Richard's site most helpful. We have christened the van Ruby after the kind lady who gave it to us.
Graeme
reddo

Re: Greame's Propert.

Post by reddo »

Hi Graeme.

The Propert looks cool. Good job you got her out of the shed before old ruby "torched " it.
They are a clever piece of engineering and old Propert knew what he was doing when he bunged a patent on the foldavan idea.

Will look good behind the Major.
Good luck with the resto. Keep us informed on the progress.

Here is a couple of links to the bros Major..
Morris Major 1
Morris Major 2
Morris Major 3

Reddo.. Newcastle
graeme

Post by graeme »

Hi Reddo

Thanks. Great looking Major, love the colour. I'm looking for a tow bar to fit a Morris Major if anyone has one in their back pocket. Save me making one.

Graeme
Plygirl

Post by Plygirl »

:) Hi Graeme,
Looks like a bit of a project. Great to see another Propert saved. What No. is she?
Happy restoring.
Cruz
graeme

Post by graeme »

Hi Cruz
She is No. 70/341 only a young gal but had a hard life. Mixed with the wrong people.

Graeme
sarah

Post by sarah »

Hi Graeme,

Have you completed all your hard work or are you still at it? I would love to see some updated photos if you have them.

Sarah
Richard

Post by Richard »

Graeme has just emailed a couple of updated photos of his Propert.
It is starting to take shape and will look Great behind the Morris. Love the colour match Graeme.
Greame's Propert 1.jpg
Greame's Propert 2.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
graeme

Post by graeme »

Hi all
The Propert (Ruby) number 70/341 is now all complete and ready to go.
Have only towed her around the local town and she received rave reviews and had a couple of offers to buy her, but she's not for sale. I'm very happy with the result and it was worth all of the 310 hours and $2,300.00. The wife is also happy as she can now open the windows of the house without the fear of sanded off paint etc covering everthing. Not having a workshop she was rebuilt on the driveway. I hope you like the finished project.
Graeme
graeme

Post by graeme »

pic of Ruby
Attachments
IMG_1030.jpg