1928 Eugowra Campa Trailer. The second coming

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
iluvans

Re: 1928 Eugowra Campa Trailer. The second coming

Post by iluvans »

Wow . That will be a great adventure road trip!!.Hope all goes well.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Reddo you answered your own question. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fitter.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Got a phone call on Saturday morning from Dave..
He was at Gundagai..
Planned on staying at Albury that night.

Got another call just after lunch Sunday..
Mission accomplished ..Home safe and sound in South Australia...

Not a bad advertisement for T model Ford wheel bearings.. probably 2000Ks with out of balance wheels doing their best to destroy the bearings?/

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo.
Just got a message from Dave. Home safely with the old avn and he is over the moon with it as well. :D :D :D
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

Just to keep folks up to speed regarding the 28 Eugowra van.

But firstly a hearty thank you to Reddo in getting the little van ready for its long trip back to Mount Gambier from Newcastle.

I had a pretty uneventful trip, got pulled up by the Hiway Patrol somewhere in country Victoria, after a license and breath'o, I was on my way again.

If I remember correctly the weather was stinking hot, but the air con in my ute worked well and I over checked the bearings all the way home, not once did they even come anywhere near hot. It towed true and correctly behind the ute at a steady 90 Ks an hour. I didn't want to break the old girl.

I haven't done a thing to the van at all, only locked it up in the shed of a house I bought at the beginning of the year just out of Mount Gambier. Sorry there is one thing I did to her, she now has number plates. The guys at our Motor Reg were tickled pink when I told them where I towed it back from. Not an issue in the world except I had to affix white reflectors at the front of the van and ambers to the side.

My intentions when it comes to restoring her will be to keep it stock as when I picked it up. I've been a bit crook the last 19 months, so I haven't been any where near the 52 Globey, the Bethanga or my 37 home made job. But with a bit of good luck, that might all change by the end of August. Oh, and I have a rare old panelvan as my tug. Its something you don't see every day !!!Image

I have forgotten how to post photos up here, but as soon as I work it out I will post a couple.

Cheers.

Dave
DSCF7807.JPG

DSCF7807.JPG

18519742_10213613767077686_8918018368346753057_n.jpg
Attachments
DSCF7808.JPG
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Dave, and congrats on the new purchase.
It would have been a mammoth trip back to South Australia and iam glad that you both made it back safely.
Cheers.

PS Re attaching photos. When you type a message below the box that you type in is a tab for options and another for attachments. Click on the attachments one and add them there.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Dave, and congrats on the new purchase.
It would have been a mammoth trip back to South Australia and iam glad that you both made it back safely.
Cheers.

PS Re attaching photos. When you type a message below the box that you type in is a tab for options and another for attachments. Click on the attachments one and add them there.
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

G'day Richard.
It was a pretty long haul home, I had an hours sleep then 5 hours behind the wheel again to get to a dear friends funeral.

The old girl wont be going any where for a year or two at least, until I have finished the other vans and respray the Hillman Husky tug.

The Husky has a Trumpy twin carb 6 cylinder under its bonnet mated up to a 5 speed out of a Tarago. LSD and stock disks on the front. Its as clean as a whistle rust wise, just needs a lick of paint and a tidy up. Perfect for towing at 100 KPH.

Cheers mate.
reddo

Post by reddo »

That little Husky will have all the grunt of a 20 team Husky dog sled Dave.
Those triumph motors haul the little sports cars pretty well.. ... and you have the luxury of 5 speed and disc breaks as well.....

I thought i had a bit of a marathon travelling to Melbourne from Newcastle and loading the "28" on the ute .. then doing the return trip.... But it pales in significance when you consider i wasnt towing it.

You had to come across 3 states to get here.. go through the drama of sorting tyres out.. and then tow it back home.
To tell ya the truth.. and... on the day ya towed it away... i said "You are crazy". The wheel bearings will cook. but i guess the pre trip bearing packing and modifying the rear shackle length sort of straightened it out a bit.

Good Onya mate.
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Dave

That little Husky will have all the grunt of a 20 team Husky dog sled !!
Those triumph motors haul the little sports cars pretty well.. ... and you have the luxury of 5 speed and disc breaks as well.....

I thought i had a bit of a marathon travelling to Melbourne from Newcastle and loading the "28" on the ute .. then doing the return trip.... But it pales in significance when you consider i wasnt towing it.

You had to come across 3 states to get here.. go through the drama of sorting tyres out.. and then tow it back home.
To tell ya the truth.. and... on the day ya towed it away... i said "You are crazy". The wheel bearings will cook. but i guess the pre trip bearing packing and modifying the rear shackle length sort of straightened it out a bit.

Good Onya mate.
Reddo