2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

reddo

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by reddo »

wildbrumby wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:37 am Hi Reddo

I will be supplying some wood for the night at Jingellic for all to share. Can bring some down from the farm at Mannus.

cheers

wildbrumby
Oh .. alright then....a ute load will suffice....No???.... OK....simple barrow load will be good.... No???.. OK then... just whatever you can fit in the car or van will be much appreciated. If every van turns up with a milk crate full of wood ... and we dont have the usual " slaughtering of the goat and dance naked around the fire chanting oooommmm oooommmm 4 hour ceremony " :shock: we will probably have enough to see us through the cooking and keep warm for a few hours. 8-)

Hello.....Wildbrumby......... Hello... are you still there ????
Dont ever take anything i say too seriously... everyone else has learnt that by now... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Reddo
wildbrumby

Post by wildbrumby »

Hi Reddo

Yep still here. I just got back up on the perch :roll: after reading I had to supply a trailer load of wood. :lol: Just trying to figure out about getting the wood to Jingellic. My other half, Farmer Paul, suggested we could deliver a ute load of wood down to Jingellic as the farm is only about 20 minutes from the camp ground, but if we dump it there and then go back to the farm and get my car and van, it might be all gone by the time we drive back there. Otherwise, we could just pull up on our way there from Tumut and fill everyone's boots up. Plenty of room to pull up and turn around at the farm. I't right on the Jingellic to Tumba Rd.

I could just see all the farm animals having a heart attack :o with 20 or so cars and vans pulling up at the farm gate.

Save you all chopping down the trees in between Tumut and Jingellic. Even if a few follow me and pull in and grab some wood. You're all most welcome. Just no cattle or sheep "duffing" Got me thinking, lamb on the spit sounds yummy!!!

Yes, I have got a sense of humour. :lol:

wildbrumby
jennison

Post by jennison »

That sounds the go WB. We've filled our boots before on the autumn tour!....details of that episode will be passed on round the campfire less we incriminate ourselves!
Jenno
wildbrumby

Post by wildbrumby »

Hi Jenno

Can't wait to hear???

wb
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo..
Does anyone know if Gunning have an Anzac Day Service???
Dawn or later in the day ??

Not sure wether to hang back and go to the local Anzac Day dawn service up here and then travel down later on Tuesday..
Or
Travel down to Gunning on the Monday and be up early for the Gunning Service?? ( if they have one)

Since we started running the Autumn Tours instead of the Spring tours we have always managed to be in a town for the Anzac Day Service.
2 X Tenterfield
1 X Goulborn

Either way .. i wont be missing it.

Other news... Have got the phone numbers for a couple of Newspapers in the Myrtleford.. Wanagratta.. Yackandandah region. gunna try and talk to at least one of em and let em know we will be at Yack for a few days. See if they are interested in coming over for a look and maybe get an article in the local rag about the vans .
Hopefully someone will be in camp when / if they turn up to explain to them what a great hobby we have.. :D

Regards
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Guess i will answer my own question. :D

Yup.. Yup.... i rang the pub, and yes they do have a dawn service on Anzac Day in Gunning.
The publican also mentioned if we wanted anything from the pub bristro on the day , we need to let him know numbers by Monday night as they tend to get very busy..
So thar ya go... sounds like the town will be jumping !!
Here is the menu..
http://telegraphhotelgunning.com/bistro-menu
Rump $15.00
Burgers from around $8.50...
Cheap as chips... and even the chips are cheap !!.
Reddo

Also recieved this from Smiles..
Bit of info for anyone travellin down from up north and looking for a few stops on the way home.

Hi Reddo

I would have posted this on OTP but I don't seem to be able to log on again!

So can you post this for us?

We've been having a bit of a tough time lately. Cyclone Debbie left us with 2 landslips, a buggered bridge & the big bridge completely swept away. That's what you get after 740mm in 22 hours! We've done the Leyland Bros overland tour through the Forest a week ago & got enough food to last us till D-Day which is Sunday 23 April.
I sort of organized a bit of a mini tour for ourselves to & fro Tour but got distracted by the weather to get posting it.
So if anyone is interested, here it is:

Sun 23/4...Moonee Beach (north of Coffs Harbour, DogFriendly, no need to book)

Mon 24/4...Jimmys Beach (350km from Moonee, no need to book, DF)

Tues 25/4...Gunning
Wed 26/4...Tumut
Thurs 27/4...Jingellic
Frid 28/4...Yack
Sat 29/4...Yack
Sun 30/4...Yack
Mon 1/5...Yarrawonga

Tues 2/5...Cowra (413kms from Yarrawonga, DF, no need to book)

Wed 3/5...Hill End (180kms from Cowra, NPWS camping in town)
Thurs 4/5...Hill End
Frid 5/5...Hill End

Sat 6/5...Nundle (DF , but need to book on 0267693355.
Sun 7/5...Nundle Dog Race
Mon 8/5...Tenterfield? 343km from Nundle, DF, no need to book at Lodge.

Cathie

The 450K from Yarrawonga to Cowra is a bit of a killer .. but do-able.

Anyway .. i will leave it up to those doing the longer run down to sort out between emselves.
Thanks for sending the info Cathie.
Regards
Reddo..
jennison

Post by jennison »

Didn't realise you wee hitting Gunning on Monday Reddo. I usually do Bungendore Anzac ceremony but I might see how many brownie points I lose with the wife if I go a day early and meet you in Gunning Monday. It's only the depth that varies I spose!
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jenno

I am considering going down to Gunning on the monday. Even though its only a small town it would be nice to have a bit of time to check the shops and surrounds out. If i went Tuesday most of the shops would be shut with only the pub being open..... not that that is a problem.... but isnt the same as walking into the old shops and having a browse around / chat with he locals. Also would be able to do the dawn service and have the day free..Maybe go and check out an old motorbike i know about over near Crookwell.

rather than hang around up here .. do the dawn service and drive for 6 hours.

I think Humptys and Strugglebrook are also heading down there on Monday.
We will be catching up with the sutcacs who are currently down south /out along the border, and kaybees at Tumut on Wednesday... makes sense .. why drive up to Gunning and then head south back to Tumut?/

Cheers
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Indeed Reddo I was talking with Clyde the other day, I think they hit tumut on Sunday. If I don't make it to Gunning on Monday I intend to be there early enough to march at the 11am ceremony. I had originally intended that.I'll keep you posted anyway.
You are right , one advantage of you getting there Monday is you can check out the old " time capsule" Holden dealership/servo in the Main Street.there are a couple of antique bric a brac shops but more household oriented type of stuff as a rule.
I wish I'd thought of it earlier we could have arranged a visit to the Sydney motor restoration company near crookwell. He does the most amazing vehicle builds. Very old school he has a bundy clock in the workshop and bundies on and off as he works on each of his customers cars. He can do anything resto wise(last time I was there they had a car ....front half e type rear half 911, amazingly it looked great!) If the customer asks how much the job will cost he won't take on the job! Maybe next time the tour is up this way...
See you next week!
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Okay Pilgrims..
Under a week before we circle the wagons at Gunning...
I was down at Sam Druckers Store at Hooterville yesterday evening when the phone rang..
So .... i climbed the pole and answered it..
Line was a bit scratchy .. scatty... but in amongst the static i heard Sutcac ..

Apparently the wires are down (again ) to the OTP interwebbynetforumthingy exchange.. So he has asked me to relay the following.

Attention all V V Gold Fever Tourers../..
The world renowned SKR covered wagon will be dishing out Pea and Ham soup in gymungus amounts for wednesday nights meal at Tumut Van Park camp kitchen. :o :shock: 8-)
While on their extended tour of Vic they have been living up to their surname and have slaughtered a few Wild Hogs ( The flat nose wiggly tailed variety... not the Harley riding wild hogs) and will have enough tucker to feed half of Tumut on the night.
So.. dont pack, buy anything for wednesday nights meal... just bring a bowl or a bucket.. spoon or a shovel and some bread. Load up on the free tucker courtesy of the Sutcacs. ... :idea: hmmmm perhaps cane toads arent that bad after all??? :lol:
Thanks heaps in advance to Wrangler Barb and Kitchen Hand Clyde.

How good is that folks :shock:
I have organised the local electricity supply Authority to deliver a portable methane powered generator to the van park and turn the snowy hydro scheme off for the evening.. :D
With all that pea and ham kickin around in our gizzards i figure there will be a whole stack of methane available from us tourers later in the evening to get the gas turbine fair spinning off its axis .. enough to take Tumut off the grid for the evening..

Waddya reckon folks .. another brlliant idea from the shed of invention..
OH yeah.. spose ya wanderin what "SKR " stands for ???.... SUTCACS KITCHEN RULES !!!............... OK !!

Reddo