2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

jennison

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by jennison »

Indeed Reddo, campfires at Gunning are AOK as far as I know . I've have seen campers there with them before at the fireworks nite. But... I think in a brazier (off the ground)so if someone has one it will be worth bringing in case they request (or anywhere else) that the fire must be off the ground. Got a mate who made a portable beauty I'll see if I can borrow it but I maybe too late as he was leaving on holidays today or tomorrow. Just tried ringing him to no avail. I Had one but it died of old age. Thanks too wildbrumby that will be great at jingellic as the area around camp is picked clean.
I'll bring a couple of feed bags of wood to kick off Gunning anyway. It MOST likely will be brisk at night.
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff

I have a brazier which i will throw in the panelvan.. I am also in negotiations with a bloke who makes flat pack braziers.... he has several different designs.. all plasma cut . very good quality. They are a bit expensive for what they are ... but i am considering buying one for a raffle prize while on the tour. Will draw the winner at Yackandandah.
I am yet to phone the 3 parks we are staying in to check on fires allowed / not allowed.
Not matter what , we will have a great time at Gunning and Jingellic around the fire.

I notice in Yackandandahs' speil that they have open fireplaces in the camp kitchen.
I think Yarrawonga is a bit too upmarket /kiddy orientated to have open fires anywhere
Will phone Tumut today.

Just a reminder that if there is enough interest shown by the tourers we will have a hoedown / party night on the saturday night at Yackandandah.
Might get in contact with Brendo and stacey and see if they can bring the 12volt record player .. maybe each van can bring a party 33 1/3 record with em...for a bit of a giggle like we had at South West rocks party night last year. ( thanks to earlee and his party mix getto blaster ... kept to an acceptable noise level of course) 8-)

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok .
Here is the lowdown on the fires

Tumut .. allows fires .. must be up off the ground . they can supply fire drums . we supply wood.

Yackandandah.. Open fireplace in camp kitchen . I never rang to check if we can have a fire on our site (s)

Yarrawonga.... Allow fires... Cost is $50 for use of their drums and their firewood. ... not sure how much wood ya get for $50
But if there is 15 vans there it will only cost us just over $3 ea site. Bugger all really.. but i think the reason for them supplying wood is to stop yobbos dragging rubbish timber into the park... full of white ants / grubs / ants etc.. or maybe old building materials full of nails etc.. fair call, cant argue with that.. not everyone would do the right thing. Thinks: :idea: If we run out of the supplied wood.....we can feed the drum some of our supplies later in the night when the wood police have gone to bed. ;)
or... if they have the same security arrangement on the woodpile as they had at Cooma van park a few years ago... well then.... ummmm :roll: ... i wont say anything more... :lol: :lol:

Reddo
" I bought a pair of sandshoes off a drug dealer.... I dont know what he laced them with... but i keep tripping " :D :lol:
jennison

Post by jennison »

Be very interested to see the flat pack brazier Reddo. Space is more of a premium in the Stato as opposed to the WB ute (which I just sold last month pleasingly for a couple of grand more than I paid for it!!) can't do that with new cars!!!
Any photos of them? That's excellent news about the fires at the parks and yes I remember the Cooma park motto....fill yer boots! :D
Jenno
brendo

Post by brendo »

Hey redo,
Got the record player packed, along with the accessories, bongo drums, tambourine and the maracas . Ready for the hoedown.

Brendo found at a garage the Texas poker set, so get the card hats out, no stripping !!!

Everyone bring along their favourite vinyl, any requests we may be able to help out with, we have quite a collection.

Well uncle graham is back on track for the trip, he is so looking forward to it as he knows it will be his last big trip.

Not long to go now, counting the sleeps.

Leaving sunny coast Saturday, no planned route.

Cheers.... brendo n stace
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Guys..
Great to hear that you are already organised and about to hit the road...
Its a reality check for everyone else that is coming... time to get their act together and start packing the van. !!!
Good to hear that Graham is well enough to travel.
Might pay to keep him in your "sights" while travelling just to make sure he is handling the driving / towing OK.??

Sounds.. pardon the pun... like you have the music side of the Hoedown under control. dont overload the panno with too much of your record collection.

Jenno.. i am gunna work on the firebrazier bloke this week and see if i can whittle the price down. if i can get the price down a bit i will get 2. 1 for me.. 1 for a raffle prize.... if sales go well an i make enough to cover both i might donate mine as a second prize. They wont take up much room in the panno and arent all that heavy.. will take a photo and post here if i buy em.

Looks like we wont need to take one to use at any of the stops . Jingellic ....the fires can be lit on the ground. will just use an existing " scorched earth site"

Cooling down a fair bit down that way at the moment.. we are gunna need the fires.
Cheers
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Good at least we are right for Gunning with one then and yes ..cooling down indeed....don't want to scare anyone but Anzac Day in Canberra is usually the signal for first our frost! Bring your uggys and beany!
Regards
reddo

Post by reddo »

jennison wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:07 pm Good at least we are right for Gunning with one then and yes ..cooling down indeed....don't want to scare anyone but Anzac Day in Canberra is usually the signal for first our frost! Bring your uggys and beany!
Regards
Now i am scared Jeff....... :roll: ... i am getting visions of people standing around in the frost/snow with nothing on but beanys and Ugg Boots.... :shock: :o
Hey.. they where your words not mine ;)

No luck with old mate and his firegrates... he is firm with his price.. $240.. I just cant justify buying something that expensive that i will only use a couple of times a year. Also .. would take a lot of raffle ticket sales to recoupe the outlay of $240.
I suggested to him , if they where down around $120 to $150 i might have been keen.
A simple "No" was the reply.

So.. i will load the old $5.00 Garage sale Brazier and firewood in the panno for Gunning 8-) cool..
Jettison half my supplies at Gunning.. save some for the fire at Tumut.
Then do a bit of roadside chainsawing on the way to Jingellic to add to Wildbrumbys' trailer load.

Message to all.. dont forget your camp ovens.. jaffle irons. do some shopping in Tumut on wednesday for stuff to bubble up in the camp ovens at Jingellic.. You havent experience good tucker until you have sampled the gourmet meals that come out of these ovens . It is definitley one of the highlights you will experience on the tour..... 8-) .... Stews,,, brews ...Soups.. dampers...and ,,, oooooooooo stop.. i cant go on.!!!!
Pull up a stump near the fire.....Wash it all down with a good bottle of plonk .......and Bingo.. you are king of the world.

Reddo...
wildbrumby

Post by wildbrumby »

Hi
Did I say "Trailer Load" of wood??
jennison

Post by jennison »

Hope so :D