2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

reddo

2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by reddo »

Hiya intrepid travelling types... 8-)

Just sitting here goofing off / thinking about another Autumn tour in 2017 ??
Yep.. true... it is a long way off... but it has been proven before....
If we dont get our act together early , things can turn to poop quite easily..
Getting that annual leave booked in before some other worker jumps in ahead of you and you cant get time off :(
Leaving the bookings at each park until the new year .. and finding out that the National Knitters and Quilters festival is on in the town we planned on staying at... all accomodation booked out by the grannys.. :roll:

So....me being me, i set about googling... given that the last tour went North and .. given that a tour this time of year on the coast with all the east coast lows rolling through would mean disaster....we should head for the hills... i figured :idea: We could head back into the Snowys and a little bit further south west into Kelly Country for a wander :roll: :?:

With that as the brief i have come up with the following. :roll:

No parks booked.. No set itenary at this stage,, basically just a mix of travel a day or 2.. have 2 days off.. tarvel a day.. have a day off .. seems to work fine providing there is enough to keep us occupied when we stay at each village..... although.. with that said.. sometimes doing bugger all beside sitting around a campfire is all that is needed for a good holiday..

Have a Gecko at the following and give me a bit of feedback...

Day1..26/4/2017... Gather at Tumut - Riverglade Caravan Park..$37 /night . pet friendly

Day 2.. Tumut to Jingellic free camp .. via Green hills..Rosewood...127K/ 1hr 30min
or Via Batlow .. Tumbarummba..114k 1 hr 50m

Day 3.. Jingellic to Yackandandah C.V.P.. 135k 2hrs pet friendly
Day 4 free day at Yack.. Explore Yack ..Beechworth
Day 5 Free day at yack.. Explore Myrtleford , Bright

Day 6.. Yack to Yarrawonga C.V.P via Wangaratta / Killawarra...pet friendly
1 hr 26mins / 115k
Day 7 .. free day explore yarra area.

Day 8.. Head for home .. Across to Albury .. for those heading north ..maybe have a night at Holbrook.. Gundagai .. or Yass.??

So.. there ya go.. not as long as other tours.. could have a free camp on Anzac Day somewhere up north of Tumut ( Jugiong??) short run to Tumut the next day

Ok Then .. just my 2 bobs worth .. do a bit of your own investigations or simply throw your ideas up here so we can mull them over 8-) .
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE ANY OF THE PARKS YET. ;)

Regards
Reddo
Last edited by reddo on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by Strugglebrook »

Pam, Rattcliffe and I will be attending , our accommodation will be the Hunter Minor(thanks Richard).
No tow car yet.
Suggest for those traveling down we have a night some where before Tumut to shorten the voyage .
We could get home in a day but happy to have a stop over on the way home so no one is Cactus :D :D :D :D
sunny62

Post by sunny62 »

G'day Reddo,
John, Julie and the hounds would love to join this tour.
Cheers
Julie
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
We had a fantastic time on the tour to the anniversary rally so I can only imagine that the "Gold Fever" tour would be just as great.
Count the Potters in.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi Reddo,

Shaun and I would love to join you all on the Gold Fever Tour. Not sure about the teenagers as it's not during the school holidays ? We'll decide closer to the time.

I've looked on line at the towns, locations, etc and it looks like we'll be covering a beautiful part of this country.

We are not set up for free camping in our new little van, so if theres definitely free camping involved, we'll have to plan on how we can manage that.

Well done.

Monica :D :D
jennison

Post by jennison »

I'm in please!
What about the free camp at gunning for the stop off enroute to tumut as we discussed Reddo?
Ok for dogs, pub across the road...what more could you want!!!! Have a peak at the old Holden "time capsule" dealership in town as well while we are there.
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Guys

Thanks for the early show of interest.
I will be trying to keep a lid on the number of people tagging along. It gets a bit out of hand when the numbers get up over 10 or 12.... and we already have 7.... 1 registered via an email.( Vic)

Jeff... I remember the conversation about Gunning free camp. When i got home i googled it and had a look at the reviews... A lot of grey nomads give it the thumbs up... but ... a few of the locals also had input.. It seems the area down at the end of the park gets very crowded and the people in the houses have had people camping virtually on their front lawn.. Backpackers.. leaving rubbish behind. Grey Go-mads running generators right under the residents windows etc.

On top of that you have to consider that there could be up to a dozen of us rock up there mid arvo and only half us might get a spot.

I believe the showground may have closed its gates to free campers as well.
I will revisit the forums and tourist info centres in the area .. as well as get in contact with the local council to get an update on the situation in Gunning..??
Jugiong has a massive area on the left as you come in from the north... a few hundred metres along to the pub and shop on the right hand side...it would hold 100 vans.....

Will also revisit info on Jugiong to see if there is any neg feedback there as well??

Ooops.. i better check on toilets too aye :shock:

Bluebird... The free camp at Jingellic is one of the prettiest places we stay at on the tour.
We are only there overnight... Do you reckon you could handle using an esky to keep your drinks cold and a torchlight for getting around in the van for one night 8-) . Dinner will be camp oven cooking so no need to set up cooking arrangements that evening.
Surely you van has 12 volt lights in there somewhere ??

Regards
Reddo
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi Reddo,

We can definitely handle the free camping, that's no worries. We do have a 3 way fridge and can bring along torches.

Monica :D
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day reddo

jeez you have had some early interest so we better get in early too!!
so could you please add phil and veronica to the list as we would love to be a part of
some more great company. The only problem will be waiting for it to come around!!!!
thanks again for your efforts and lookin forward to catchin up in murrurundi

phil
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

The purpose of this message.. ;) ... is to let you know that we have confirmation from a well travelled couple from Queensland ( i missed thier name... i think it was something like" Cat-ties"... or " Cacts -r -us " that they will be tagging along on the 2017 tour...Bewdy mate.. we now have representation from 3 states and one Territory 8-)
Message was a bit garbled... bad phone line ...something about tossing a coin wether to bring 16 foot Eggliner ... :roll: ... or the wifes most magnificent Bondwood Aerolite... :shock:
I could hear pots and pans clattering off walls in the background..some sort of caffufle going on??.... then an "ouch" and the line when dead .............................

I think that makes about 8 on tour now.
Just remember .. i am trying to keep the list of starters to no more than 12.
After that it gets a bit hard trying to get us all in to the park together.
and besides that there is the issue of "the rolling road block" when out on the road travelling together. This does nothing to improve the relations between the motoring public and us vintage vanners.

I'll get back to you shortly
Reddontmissout