2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

reddo

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by reddo »

Okey Dokey Happy Campers....
The flag has dropped.. The Bullshit has stopped... The tour is on.... 8-)

I have been on the phone this morning ... punching numbers and doing deals with the park managers all over the countryside !!!
The good news is all the parks up to ....an including Yarrawonga Holiday Park have 12 powered sites reserved under "The Vintage Caravan Group"" with my name as a contact if need be.

I have promised them all that we will all have rang and booked our sites no later than end of March.
But as a matter of courtesy can i ask that you get on the phone as soon as possible and make your reservation.

Please find as follows as much info as i can scrape together on each days travel distances, Park contact person and ph number, and sites reserved.
Google the parks and have a look at the park map ( those that include a map) and decide where you would like to be.??

Obviously there is no contact numbers for the free camps... stating the bleeding obviuos arent I. !!

Ok
Day 1:Anzac Day Tues -25th April 2017....Meet at Gunning Showground Free camp.
http://www.caravancaravan.com.au/entity ... ground/nsw
Catch up with old mates.. Go for a strol up the main street.. Take $50 outta ya wallet and hand the rest to the missus to go shopping... reason i say that is there isnt many if any dress or shoe shops she can blow your hard earned in :lol:
But Hey.. even if she does .. by the time we drink $50 worth of frothys at the pub ya wont notice your money missing!!
Not too sure about campfires in the showground.. but we will test the local fire brigade and council rangers out anyway.. ;)

Day 2: Wed 26th April
Gunning to Tumut Riverglade Caravan Park -
http://www.riverglade.com.au/
Address :Snow Mountain Hwy -
Route ...Via Hume Hwy - Yass..Gundagai...Tumbalong .. then turn left on to Snowy Mountains Hwy- Mt Adrah and Adelong. ( B72 )
Approx 170 klm - 1 hr 48 mins
http://www.riverglade.com.au/ check park map.
Contact: Matt 02 69472528 Sites 53 to 63 reserved. Again... Mention'" Vintage Caravan Group" - Reddo on site 53
$35.00 per 2 ppl / a night.

An easy day sight seeing along the way maybe a morning tea /Lunch / cuppa at Gundagai in the park.. cafe ... and arrive early enough in Tumut to get some of that backlog of smelly soxs washed.. :oops:

Day 3 : Thursday 27th April
Tumut to Jingellic Free camp ( Behind the pub)
Via Batlow and Tumbarumba - 127K 2 hours
Lunch at Tumbarrumba

No bookings required at free camp grounds. Token for hot showers behind pub - $4.00 at the bar.
Camp oven cooking that night.. or pub meal if ya dont wanna participate. !!!

Day 4 : Friday 28th April
Jingellic to Yackandandah CVP. Via .. Murray river road, Talmalmo, Eden, Bandiana
135Klms - approx 2 hours.
Address : 1 Dederang rd , Yackandandah
http://yhp.com.au
Sites 5 to 15 reserved There is a couple of sites with slabs... so if you want a slab site mention it when making your booking.. But dont be disappointed if they are already taken by one of us by the time you phone em.
Sites are $30.00
Day 5: Saturday 29th... stay at yack... lotsa adventuring to do
Day 6 : Sunday 30th.. ...stay at Yack....See above !!!

Day 7 : Monday 1st May - Yackandandah to Yarrawonga Holiday Park
Corner of Piper and Burley st, Yarrawonga.
http://www.yarrawongaholidaypark.com.au

115k - 1 hr 26 mins Via- Beechworth, Wangaratta, (C315) , Killawarra ( C374) , Bundalong (B400 )
Sites 1 to 12 booked . Reddo on site "1"
Google the park and have a look at the sites available.. take your pick from 2 to 12 8-)

As this will probably be the last night of the tour for those from Victoria i suggest we might have a "Dine Out "Meal at the Capri Waters Country Club over at Mulwala.. or maybe Burkes Hotel in Yarrawonga.

Day 8: out of bed.. hook up and start heading home...by this stage of the tour those heading back up north will have a better idea of where they wanna stay for the night and how they are gunna get there... maybe back over to the Hume and up to Gundagai Caravan Park for the night ??
Its your call.

So... get dialling and secure a spot..
Then either phone/email me and let me know what site number your on at each park... or... let us all know on the forum so we know how many are going and what sites are left.

I have done my bit... Dont let the park managers down. Do your bit now . :D

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Thank you very much Mr Reddo, we will book in this week.

Your effort is appreciated , we will have another great tour.

JD :D :D :D :D
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday reddo
thanks for all your efforts and we will get straight onto it
phil and veronica ;)
Col

Post by Col »

Good work as usual Reddo, we are all booked, site 61 at Tumut, not sure of number at Yackandandah but have asked for a slab, and site #2 at Yarrawonga.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D

Aaaaahh... good to hear that some of the covered wagons are getting their axles greased and timber spokes trued ready for the gold rush... ;)

"Where the river is winding
big nuggets they're finding
SOUTH to Yackandandah
Boom boom.... the rush is on !!""

Its now up to the rest of the prospectors to stake thier claims 8-)
iluvans

Post by iluvans »

Thanks for all the ground work Reddo.
Shapin' up to be another bewty
Have booked each park
Site 62 at Tumut and C4 at Yarra

Cheers Sutcacs & Meg.
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday reddo
all locked in for phil and veronica
site 57 at tumut and c3 at yarra
thanks phil
sunny62

Post by sunny62 »

Hi Reddo,
We are all booked two sites for us and the Hoopers Site 54 and 55 at Tumit and Sites 7 & 8 at Yarrawonga.
Cheers
John and Julie
reddo

Post by reddo »

Pickle me granma Thelma.. :shock:
7 sites gawn already..6 months ta go... :shock: :shock:
Jennison has sent me a message .. He is all excited about going.. but hasnt mentioned that he has contacted the parks yet...
So.. probably 8 site sewn up.
I didnt think Gold fever could spread so quickly.. :roll:
Gunna havta strap the turbo on the pack mule so i can gits to the prime diggins first !!!

Only 4 spots left folks.. if'n ya said ya where cumin'... ya better get up that telepole out the front of the Possum ridge tradin Post at Hooterville junction and ring a few of those parks...

Just remember.. i am only lookin' after 12 wagons on this muster... if ya aint in the "dirty dozen" come Anzac Day 2017... ya on ya own.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Caravanning up at Coffs at moment about to head back south but I'll be onto my bookings for the tour as soon as I get home
Jenno