Catalina Festival Car Show - Lake Macquarie NSW - 301016

BlueBird

Catalina Festival Car Show - Lake Macquarie NSW - 301016

Post by BlueBird »

Hi everyone,

We are considering attending the Catalina Festival Car Show. It's being held on 30 October 2016 at Lake Macquarie, NSW.

The organiser Daniel Craft is inviting Vintage Caravans to attend.

All the details are on the Catalina Festival Car Show Facebook's Page:

http://www.facebook.com/events/45569158 ... 748910466/

And on their website: http://www.rathminescatalinafestival.com

Details are:

Run in conjunction with the Rathmines Catalina Festival, at The Rathmines RAAF Base on the waters edge of Lake Macquarie New South Wales, Australia. We aim to showcase classic, vintage, historic and modified vehicles amongst the festival atmosphere of the Rathmines Catalina Festival. For more detail please private message on Facebook, email catalinacarshow@outlook.com or call or text message me on 0435327255

Daniel says to check the page for updates and that he might set up a caravan area.

If there's enough interest, perhaps we can organise a weekend of it ??? Let me know your thoughts.

Monica and Shaun :) :)
reddo

Re: Catalina Festival Car Show - Lake Macquarie NSW - 301016

Post by reddo »

Hiya Bluebird....
I seem to remember Cliff and Ingrid and a few other vans attended that weekend a few years ago...
They get huge crowds on the day. I attended with one of the local vintage bike clubs... took us an hour to travel the 3 k from Wangi rd turn off to the park... Obviously the think to do is go there around about Friday night of early saturday... and as y6ou say make a weekend of it.Get up Sunday and watch the crowd fight their way into the place.

I wont be able to make it.. but keep pestering the websites and see wether you can get a few starters.. be prepared to answer 10,000,000 questions on the day.

Cheers
Reddonly9kfromrathmines