Tour to the OTP South West Rocks Rally 2016

reddo

Tour to the OTP South West Rocks Rally 2016

Post by reddo »

Hi All.

I have been asked by a few of the attendees going to The OTP Rally at South West Rocks if there will be a tour leading up to the event. :?:

With people coming from the North , South and West it is a bit difficult trying to come up with a start point for this event.

So.. I will concentrate on those coming up from the south.
I am sure those on the North coast and from further afield .. SEQ and beyond will get their heads together and plan a bit of a convoy down during the days leading up to April 2nd at SWR

So...
With people travelling up from as far south as Canberra I figure that they will have had enough of the steering wheel on the first day if they get to Newcastle.
To accommodate that I am suggesting .. :idea: .

Day 1 stop over....
Wednesday 30th March..Stockton Beach van park
Day 2 . Travel via Medowie , 12 mile creek, Stroud ( Lunch ) to Gloucester van Park
115K ... 1.5 Hrs Travel time
Day 3 Travel along the Bucketts Way via Krambach. Nabiac ( Lunch) and tour of Motorcycle museum if you wish to do so??
Then on up the Hwy .. turn off at Kew . Overnight stay at The Beachfront Caravan Park . North Haven.
131K ... 1.5 hours travel time
Day 4... Leave North Haven and travel the coast road through Bonny Hills to Port Macqaurie .. then out to the HWY and up through Kempsey to South West Rocks
101 K .. Travel time ... 1.20 Hours.

Nice easy days.. with plenty of time for sightseeing / fossicking scrounging junk shops etc along the way

So.. anyone that is interested in doing a short tour to the Rally site .. please give what I am suggesting some consideration and post your thoughts / suggestions here on this post.

Regards
Reddo
jennison

Re: Tour to the OTP South West Rocks Rally 2016

Post by jennison »

Sounds good reddotourmaster
Jenno
Richard

Post by Richard »

Looks good here too Reddo, we'll wait for further instructions.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

All good guys.
Nothing set in concrete yet..
Just floating ideas.
However I have spoken to all the parks and got rough figures on accomo..

Nothing outrageous about the Tariffs.
Will sit back until Christmas and see who"s keen on tagging along ....3 so far.. (4 Counting the strugglebrooks... but he is a fitter... I expect him to be a little slow on the uptake :P )..and,,, any better suggestions before getting on the tellingbone and talking to the managers .. try and screw them.... :shock: .... ummm.. on a group booking discount. ;)

Don't adjust you set.. don't touch the horizontal or vertical hold... don't order new valves.....:lol:
Struth... im showing my age aye :roll:

Its all just Vintage van lingo. ;)
Reddo
Gazzasmk1

Post by Gazzasmk1 »

Hi Reddo,

Fran and I are hoping to do the short tour to South west rocks, we're going to catch up with Jenno on the road if all goes well
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day reddo,
thanks to Richards help I am able to log on again . Just a quick note to lock me in
for the tour up to south west rocks when your on to it .
thanks phil
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Have been in internet Syberia for the past month or 2.

Will chase up the van parks over the next few weeks and see if I can get em to hold 10 sites for us 8-)

Also been asked if we are gunna have a night out as a group for Dinner....
Probably will... maybe SWR Country Club. No use me organising that as we don't know how many would be interested in going...
I can ring and check to see what night the smorgasbord is open and maybe work out a date that doesn't clash with the other group that is also planning and evening at the same venue... ;)

Cheers
Reddo.. oh... and a merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all !!
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo....
Have been on the dognbone to the parks listed in my first message.
Bad news is ..
Stockton will only take us if we stay for 2 nights .. at $44... No thanks.. even after I mentioned we put 30 bums on sites back in July ??
Stuff em.
So.. I ang about 4 parks in the Newcastle district... some wont allow dogs due to being in a national park..
Some wont accept group bookings
Some didn't have enough sites vacant
Some wont take advanced bookings..
So... after trying to get somewhere on the west side of the lake or.. just Nth of Newcastle I gave up and booked 6 sites in the dog friendly ( yep.. some of you are bringing the pooch) area at Blacksmiths van park Goomera st, Blacksmiths .
That will be Wednesday 30th/3 This is on the east side of the lake and will mean a bit of a detour for those coming up from the south .. off the M1 and come up through Doyalson and Swansea.
Bonus... Start off day 2 ( Thurs 31/3 ) we can swing past the shed of invention for a cuppa and then back out onto the highway and onwards to Gloucester for overnight stay day 2.
Day 3...( Fri 1/4) on up to Nth Haven via Krambach .. Nabiac .. and Kew.to North Haven Beach front van park
Day 4...( Sat2/4 ) head for Sth west rocks .. Horseshoe bay van park .

Hey Philmac
Gary and Fran
Can you send your contact numbers to me on 0401070541.

Still have no computer .. The sh@tbox has been sent back to Sydney for a second attempt at repairs.
Sending messages from local library.

Cheers
Tourmaster by remote corrispondence
boblor

Post by boblor »

The pub puts on good meals just across the road from the C'van park.
Cheers boblor
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

HI AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :D

WOW, JUST OVER SIX WEEKS TILL THIS COMES AROUND.
I JUST WORKED OUT THESE DATE AND JOURNEY WILL SUIT ME PERFECTLY, SWEET :lol:
GOT A COMMITMENT ON THE WEDNESDAY THE 30TH IN SYDNEY BUT CAN GET AWAY EARLY TO CATCH EVERYONE AT BLACKSMITHS BEACH.

SO IF ALL GOOD I WOULD LIKE TO TAG ALONG WITH THE FJ UTE/TEARDROP COMBO THANKS.
CANT WAIT !

REGARDS, 8-) MAURIE 8-)