Tour to the OTP South West Rocks Rally 2016

reddo

Re: Tour to the OTP South West Rocks Rally 2016

Post by reddo »

:D G'Day Maurie... and a belated Happy New Year to you n Kate n family too mate. 8-)

Firstly ....and apology from me .. i have had all sorts of problems logging in here , so .....sorry to everyone for not posting updates on the tour.. :oops:

We would be more than happy to have you along on the tour.
Originally there was only 6 of us heading off on the tour but the numbers have grown slightly since a few months back.
This is to be expected as people get there holiday leave and finances sorted out the closer we get to the event.

However... it shouldnt be a problem. we can squeeze you in with us at the parks.
There will be 4 extra vans from " Up North " ( rumour has it there may be a couple of 16ft sunliners :shock: :shock: :roll: ) hooking up with us at North Haven for the Friday night ( making a total of 12) and cruisin in to SWR on the saturday.

Its looking like both SWR van parks are near capacity .. so should be a great spectical 8-) :shock:

Looking forward to catching up with you after such a long break from the vint van scene... plenty to catch up on over a few beers out along the trail mate ;)
See ya at Blacksmiths on the wednesday evening.... just tell em your with the V V mob.... although it will be pretty bloody obvious when ya turn up in that beautiful FJ and the little TD on behind,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Excellent Maurie, just saw you are coming. Haven't caught up since Cowra! Kate coming too?
I will be meeting GARY n FRAN at Sutton forest on the wed morning (I have a boozy nite at my mates place at moss vale on the Tuesday so in keeping with the tour timings first leg for me only 1.5 hrs to m vale ...bummer about the 4 hrs to Newcastle from there!!) then up to reddos for the tour.
Been talking to GAZ recently and WE CAN'T WAIT!!
Jenno
mrfj55

Post by mrfj55 »

G'DAY MATE ;)
WOW HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG, TWO YEARS SINCE COWRA NATS !

THE BEAUTIFUL KATE WONT BE ATTENDING BUT MY SON ROBBIE IS A DEFINITE MAYBE.

HE HAD A GREAT TIME AT COWRA AS HE SCORED A RIDE IN TEN CLASSIC CARS OVER THE WEEK WE WERE THERE. HIS FAVOURITE (AFTER HIS DADS FX HOLDEN) WAS THE COUPLE FROM MUDGEE WITH THE WHITE 1959 CADILLAC, KIDS GOT GOOD TASTE.

SEE YOU AT BLACKSMITHS ON THE 30TH.

8-) MAURIE 8-)
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just done a final ring around to all the parks we are booked into just to maker sure all is Onkey Dorey....
... Met a bit of resistance at Blacksmiths :shock: . The lady i was speaking to said no dogs during school holidays... i went on to explain that next week isnt school holidays. She didnt believe me... No No No ... the manager has very strict rules about no dogs during the holidays..... then the phone went quite... Oooh I am sorry Mr Redman.. it appears you are correct. I see that the manager herself has booked you in!!".

Taaa luv see ya next week with my 6 Rottweilers... a gasp and fainting sound on the other end of the phone.....
I am sure she will have recovered by the time we roll in next week. :lol:

Not long now folks... i have chosen not to look at any long range weather forecasts, just in case i jinx the tour.
Pray for sunny days and cool nights 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Well folks

The race has been run and won... 8-)
What a great trip to the Nats... :D

Started out with 7 vans at Blacksmiths park on wednesday night...
Myself, Clyde and Barb, John and Pam, Maurie, Phill and Veronica, Jeff , Richard and his young fella -Joshua.
Up early Thursday and on the road... a slow cruise around the shores of Lake Macquarie to my place for a brief stop off to check out the Supalite Atlas i have been working on , as well as a look at the old motorbikes. My wife Trish had made up a nice morning tea for us .

From there it was on up to Stroud Hotel for lunch and on up to Gloucester park for our second night stopover...

From here we moved out along the Bucketts Way to Nabiac for a lunch stop and a look around the motorcycle Museum while the woman hit the antique shops... some lunch ... then on to North Haven for the evening.........but first a stop off at the icecreamery near the park entrance for a double boisenberry ice cream :D ....!!!!.

A good night spent yarning and catching up with Queenslanders Brendon and Stacey ( sandman panelvan with 16ft sunliner), , Dicko and shirl ( Olympic) and Graham ( modern pop top).... rounding out the 10 vans on the tour

Up early Saturday morning... everyone excited about heading into Horsehoe Bay Caravan Park at South West Rocks for a week of the ourtouringpast.com Anniversary Rally.

A great run up he coast with everyone on thier sites by mid saturday arvo..

Read all about the Rally on the " öurtouringpast 8th Anniversary Rally" post.
Cheers
Reddo

akeepsake

Post by akeepsake »

Reddo sound like another top event but after chatting with Jeff he can't seem to remember much :roll:
Looking forward to that Tassie tour one day soon!!
Cheers
philmac

Post by philmac »

great picks reddo , didn't realise you were getting around with a camera
as well. thanks again for organising a great tour and also to all the other
vanners who made our tour memorable. bring on Christmas in july .

phil and veronica
jennison

Post by jennison »

What event? :? :?
jennison

Post by jennison »

I didn't drink that much.....?
Seriously a great tour with Reddo, sutcacs,struggle brooks, philmacs, troddler and josh and all the rest of the OTP tour crew.
While I loved catching up with friends and seeing the wonderfull vans and cars at the big park at SWRocks I have decided without doubt that the tour to ( and from) the main event was by far the best bit of the fortnight. After 6 days in place I was itching to roll on.
Cannot wait for next years snowy mountain/Ned Kelly district tour next autumn
Well done Reddo on organising a great tour and.......public admission... It was indeed I who photographed the Phillips head screws on your superlite in the shed of invention and sent the pics to slot head Bob.
Glad that cobber got into the theme of things and tackled you about it. All good fun!
Regards
Jenno
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well Joshua and I arrived home yesterday so that Josh could go to a 5th birthday party today. (4 year old has a busier social life than his parents. :roll: :roll: ) So we are all washed and repacked ready for the next adventure.
We had a fantastic tour which was only a smallish group of 7 vans, but it was just enough so that we could chat with everyone, some people we had been away with before for the weekend etc, but it was great to get to know every one better on the tour.
Reddo has already given a run down on the tour but I would just like to thank Reddo and his better half Trish for supplying a lovely morning tea for every one at the Shed of Invention. I know Josh enjoyed his hot cross bun.
So here are a few of the photos I took of the tour, although I did have trouble photographing one bloke as he was always a late arrival. :D :D

The tour ready to begin from Blacksmiths.
R1.JPG
Morning tea at Reddos.
R2.JPG
Lunch stop at Stroud
R3.JPG
The group at Gloucester for the night.
R4.JPG
R5.JPG
R6.JPG
R7.JPG
R8.JPG
R9.JPG
The group at Nabiac day two.
R11.JPG
R10.JPG
More photos to follow of the Anniversary rally.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.