Shellharbour 21st-28th October 2015.

Richard

Shellharbour 21st-28th October 2015.

Post by Richard »

This is from Jude and Geoff with details of the weekend at Shellharbour.

Hi All,

We will be holding our annual October get together at Shellharbour Caravan Park from Wednesday 21st to Wednesday 28th October, or any days you may choose to stay.

I have a list of sites that have been booked , plus some spares for anyone else who would like to join us this year.

I will notify everyone of their site numbers so you can phone through your deposits. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch either on this post or via PM and we'll get back to you

It is a great spot, so we hope you will all enjoy

Jude and Geoff
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Shellharbour 21st-28th October 2015.

Post by reddo »

I'm on site 74... just next to the boom gate...
Out of the way of the waterfront Riff Raff... (and 50 knot Nor easters)
See yas Thursday mid morning.
Reddo.. Fako TD... and Holden Panno
griffin

Post by griffin »

Here's a few photos from the Shellharbour weekend. A nice little place I'd not actually been to before, although I thought I had and that's another story. The weather offered everything except hail and snow and we finished up bailing out a day early, although the day seemed reasonably pleasant by the time we left.
Holden face off.jpg
Sunliner's debut.jpg
Al's bondwood.jpg
bondwood.jpg
Dodge in the carpark.jpg
View from 1 row back.jpg
Tikos bondwood.jpg
Supalite - guard on duty.jpg
Ply parade.jpg
Olympics.jpg
Green touch for Airstream.jpg
Flaminigos on duty.jpg
And what's with the G on a H plate??
Homebuilt & Ford station wagon.jpg
Franklin.jpg
Coronet & Valiant.jpg
The wood fired pizza on the Friday night was most enjoyable, as were the donut things with chocolate sauce and ice cream. I kept going back just to stand near the oven!
The place to huddle.jpg
We spent Saturday at Kangaroo Valley and the drive south was an eye opener with all the roadworks in progress on the Berry bypass. Ruining a good driving road I reckon but they call it progress.
Sunday we ventured to Kiama for a car show and while most weren't of particular interest to me there was a nice little Atlantic van there too, the owner running a brake business in Wollongong where I get my stuff sorted.
Atlantic @ Kiama.jpg
We left there for a drive around Kiama and I was pleased to see the Kiama Lighthouse is doubling as an ANZAC memorial for the Centenary.
ANZAC remembered @ Kiama.jpg
A good time generally, over 20 vans I think and as usual I didn't photograph them all or take notes.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Great photos of another great weekend organised by Geoff and Jude.The weather wasnt the best but it was still great to catch up and Joshua had a ball at the beach. We have been waiting to have the internet connected for 3 weeks but we are finally up and running as of yesterday, other than a few teething problems. I was just about to post photos that I had taken with my phone but have the identical ones as you George. :roll: :D :D
If you had been at Shellharbour today you could have ticked another weather element of your list as it hailed. :( :(
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi George
Great job on the photos mate. ;) Yup..... weather can be lousy at this time of year ..... but that is more than compensated for with the great company we all enjoy whenever we have a vintage van get together aye 8-)
I have booked site 44 again for next year...
Regards
Glutton for punishment