Christmas in July 2015 - Saturday night Dinner ??

reddo

Christmas in July 2015 - Saturday night Dinner ??

Post by reddo »

Hi All

With approx. 28 vans and their owners ( at least 50 ) attending this years Christmas in July at Stockton Beach Caravan Park, I would imagine that there would be some people who would be glad to have a night off cooking ??

So .. with just 4 weeks to go to the big event I thought I might start an expressions of interest post and see just how many would like to head up to the Stockton Bowling club for dinner on Saturday night??
The club is only about 400 metres from the entrance C.V.P gate and easy stroll .
They have a good chinese menu, and I think you can get the standard fare of fish and chips etc if chinese doesn't agree with you.

I am heading over to the park tomorrow to try and get exact number of sites booked, and see if we can get some sort of tariff discount seeing as though it is off season at this time of year??. I will call at the bowlo and see if they can fit us in on Saturday 18th July at ... saaaaayyyyy 6.30pm???

So....Have a think and .... if interested just send a text to 0401070541 with your names and number attending. I will report back here on the forum and let you know if the bowlo can fit us in and update total going as the texts come in. 8-)

I hope to get the list of local trivia/observation questions sorted out / finalised tomorrow as well. I was considering having a trivia night on Saturday night in the camp kitchen .. but I figure we could have an early ""Happy hour "on Saturday arvo around 4 ish in the camp kitchen..... ( Hey .. I have seen happy hour start a lot early at previous get togethers. :lol: ) That should only take an hour at the most and it will get everyone in a giggling mood before we head off for dinner up the bowlo.

Cheers
Reddo
BlueBird

Re: Christmas in July 2015 - Saturday night Dinner ??

Post by BlueBird »

Thanks Reddo, I've just sent you a message on your mobile. See you then :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Bluebird.
Yup message received..
We currently have 6 adults and 2 billy lids interested ingoing for dinner.

Just to clarify... Here is a para from the Xmas in July posts ..

" Have called in at the Bowlo and tentatively Booked 50 seats for us for Saturday night dinner... they can handle more if more seats are needed. There is a 60th Birthday on downstairs but that wont effect bookings upstairs in the open dinning area.. Australian and Asian tucker .. so there should be something on the menu for even the fussiest eaters."

Once again .. if you are interested in coming along for dinner around 6:30 pm on the Saturday night just text or phone me on 0401070541 and I will add you to the list.
I promised the staff I would get back to them by at least a week before the get together... but I don't think it is a critical issue with the club. if we end up with more than 50 I am sure they will be happy with that.
Regards

Reddo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Reddo

Barbara and I will be in that, always looking for a reason not to cook!! Will take me a week to text so this will be it.

George
reddo

Post by reddo »

No worries George.

Total "Chowing down" at the moment is...
16 Adults and 2 Kids 8-)

For those considering going... :idea:
If we head up to the club at 6 for Dinner at 6.30pm we would all be stuffed full by around 8.. 8:30. Those that want to, could head back to the camp kitchen to join in and "progress" the Xmas in July festivities... or simply crawl into bed and burp yourself to sleep :lol:

Regards
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

I sent Gordon the Bowlo manager a message the other day , just to confirm what I discussed with the bar staff the other day..
I received the following back from him.. just saves me retyping the info and lets you know what else is on offer during your stay at the park... 8-)

"
Hi Glenn,

Great timing! I was going to call you today to discuss your requirements. I have been trying to get to call you but battling insurance and other issues since the big storm here.

That is all fine, no problem at all with the booking. Did you want tables reserved and be part of the general fun & frivolity of the night or did you want the area closed off with screens? We have a great guy called Symon who comes in and does ‘Not Simon says but ask Symon’…he does requests and has thousands of songs that he plays as entertainment. It is good fun and we would love to have you here to enjoy it.

With the food I have attached a few options for you or if you wanted a set meal then we can do that also (for example set 2 course, alternate serve for about $25-$40 depending on requirements) – just let me know or liaise direct with Lawrence or Jocelyn (4920 1981).

As a suggestion, whilst you are in Stockton I am happy to host your group here for a game of ‘barefoot bowls’ – it is a great family friendly way to spend an hour or two. Greens fees are normally $5.50 per person but happy to do a discounted rate for such a large group. As I said it is great fun!! Also, if some of your group are interested, it may be beneficial to actually join the Club ($5.50 for a year) and get members discounts for the duration of the stay (for example about .50cent discount on a schooner of beer). If you could remind your group to ensure they pack ID when coming to the Club as it is a legal requirement to have it to sign in, annoying I know but it is something that we have no choice in, every single Club in NSW has the same issue!!

There is no problem with the booking downstairs as it is yet to confirm but either way it will not affect your group. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions and look forward to hosting your group here for the duration, and of course, thanks for choosing the Bowlo to host your group!

Cheers

Gordon Laffan

CEO "

I have replied stating that a lot of people are travelling long distances and will have their own itenary for the short time they are staying at the park. Perhaps we could squeeze a game of barefoot bowls in Sunday arvo for those that are staying on to Monday or Tuesday ??
I have suggested that we are ( well I know I am ) are an easy going lot and wont require screens and set menu dinners. Just order off the restaurant menu on the evening. Some might stay to hear Symon stretch his voal chords... most will probably opt out and head back to camp for a much up in the camp kitchen.

The membership idea might be worth while .. 50c off each drink doesn't take long to recoup your $5.50 8-)

Anyway... consider yourself " In the know " :D
:!: Don't forget.. if you are keen on coming along for the meal on the Saturday evening , just text or ... if your all thumbs like me and George... phone me on 0401070541 or send me a pm here on the forum.

Cheers
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

We now have 22 heading up or Dinner on Saturday night.....
Not long now folks.
Don't forget to pack your Xmas lights and deccys... there is nothing like a little street full of old vans lit up at night with Christmas lights.

Also, for anyone not intending to go up to the Bowlo for dinner , there will be a crowd of vint vanners in the camp kitchen celebrating Xmas in July .. so bring along your Xmas puddings etc and have a great night.

Regards
Reddontaskforsnowtherewontbeany
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All
Just another reminder re dinner bookings for Saturday night 18th July at the Bowlo..
Total going now stands at 25.
As promised I will contact the club this coming Saturday and give them final ( or very close ) numbers attending.

Please consider and get back to me via a pm .
You may not be able to contact me via my mobile as I have just switched from Optus to Telstra and taken my number with me..... as a result Optus have switched me off and I am having trouble getting a kick off with Telstra.... hope to do a bit of counter basj=hing and head punching today to get things sorted....
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhh technology. Don't ya just love it. :evil:
Wait to hear how painless :roll: :roll: it was to connect up my new modem after faithfull service since 1998 on my old modem. :lol:

See you all soon
Reddo