The "www.ourtouringpast.com"- Anniversary Rally 2016

reddo

Re: The "www.ourtouringpast.com"- Anniversary Rally 2016

Post by reddo »

Hi Stan and Deb

Thats great news. :D Not sure who Sally Parker is... but her name appeared on about 3 different sites at one stage :shock: .... including yours. So i asked Vicki to go back over the deposits paid and match names to sites... last time i spoke with Vicki she still hadnt sorted site 17 Hence the messages here on the forum.

The problem with site bookings getting shuffled around since May last year had come about due to several people taking the bookings for the OTP Rally.
I paid for site 25 ( now shifted to site 24) on May 10th last year and at one stage my name wasnt on any site....??... some might say that would have been a good thing... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vicki the manager has been very good and has done a lot of "untangling" over the past few weeks.
Will edit my last message and put your name on 17.

It is difficult to sort out who is who when i am asked about surnames instead of forum names... even then i dont proclaim to remeber every name and face that is on this forum.... even after meeting some of them several times...You'll have to forgive me .. i am getting old ( turn 62 today :oops: )??

All is well that ends well. Not long now an as Jennison has stated its only a few weeks away...we all are looking forward to the road trip to South West Rocks and catching up with old friends /meeting new ones 8-)

The Sutcacs had told me the you where from QLD... so.....
Have a safe trip down and bring some sunshine with you ;)

Regards
Reddo
Marilyn

Post by Marilyn »

I have found out who Sally Parker is and she is going to contact the park asap.
reddo

Post by reddo »

8-) 8-) 8-)

Thats great news... Just hope sallys name is still on one of the sites :roll:
Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated.

Cheers
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Did we have a theme night or something organised, I couldn't find it in the thread.
jennoneedstofindhisspecs
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff....

No theme night as such but see below for a suggested itenary.

Saturday 2nd ..
Arrive , set up, meet and greet,..management have suggested happy hour(s) on lawns just in front of cabins near our sites ( dunno how the occupants of the cabins will feel about that :roll: :? ;) ) ... see park map.

Sunday 3rd...
A.M ...Head over to South West Rocks Tourist Park park for a meet and greet with other vint vanners. Vans open for inspection throughout the morning. Please note that due to insurance issues the van owners reserve the right to not allow inside inspections of thier vans by the general public, and we ask that this stipulation is respected while looking around the vans.. if you are invited to have a look inside .. well and good . If not .. then so be it.
P.M... OTP vans at Horseshoe Bay van park open for inspection .1 till 4.00pm ( those that wish to participate clean up your empty wine bottles and stubbies :lol: ).

Monday 4th
Cruise to "Pub with No Beer". Leave park 9.00am

Tuesday 5th
Cruise Slim Dusty Museum _ Kempsey. Leave Park 9.00am

Wednesday 6th
Trial Bay Gaol.. tours start from 10.00am
Smokey Cape Lighthouse.
Free arvo ... have a fish for a few hours. If you havent already done so by now....Wander the streets and check out the shops, have a coffee. stroll along the foreshore
5.00pm..... Auction at south west rocks tourist park...money raised goes to the flying doctor service.. so dig deep and bid often.

Thursday 7th
Free Day
OTP Group Dinner . Seabreeze Hotel - 6.00pm. Tables are booked in the Norfolk room for 40 ppl. Thurdsay Dinner Special is 450g sirloin steak with chips and salad .. or vegies for $12.90. Most other meals are about the same price maybe a few bucks dearer ... but a lot cheaper than a lot of other bistros i have been to lately. I will get names and numbers early in the week and give the pub exact numbers by Wednesday morning.

Friday 8th .. Your site has to be vacated by 10.00 am... thanks for coming.. have a safe trip home!!!

Having said that i will try and remember to pack a noticeboard and place it somewhere near our vans with " whats doing" suggestions to help "fill up" each day.

Just remember all of the above is just suggestions... i have said all along its your holiday.. do a little .. or do a lot , then go home and have a holiday to get over having a holiday :D

I promise you that you wont get bored....especially around 4pm to 6pm each arvo.....hic burp. ;)
I am bringing one f my old Nortons in the Teardrop to use as a runabout while we are at SWR.. so if anyone has a bike and some way of getting it there , please bring it along...Join The Rebel Vintage Van scumbags and terrorise the town 8-) :lol: :D

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

After logging on to the forum each time ...I have tried 3 times to submitt a long winded account of the rally as well as a stack of photos. Each time i go to submitt the message i get asked to log in again.
After logging in at the end of the message i go back and the entire contents of the message has dissapeared??
So... the last time i went through the 1 hour process of typing and adding pictures i hit .. save as draft... only problem is...I dont know where to find "Saved Drafts".
So... Here is a string of photos with no narrative...

more later
reddo

Post by reddo »

Im on a roll here folks....more later
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hows about that then.. what a great story aye...... Im out of here before i get asked to log in ...... again and loss the lot. :lol:
Happy Trails
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Great pictures Mate, as always Pam, Rattcliffe and I had a great time.
We were blessed with the weather and the company.

Many thanks JD. :D :D :D :D
NAC

Post by NAC »

We dropped in for a quick visit during the week at South West Rocks to catch up with folks.
Took our 1967 XR Falcon for a run from Brissie and back

Was quite pleasantly surprised to see our 1962 Roadmaster there being used by a young family from Inverell

There were so many vans (125 between the two parks I was told) and every time I went to catch up with Richard he was out - checking out the other vans no doubt.
Here are some pics I took

Steve was doing it tough here

Marilyn - looking good as always

Sorry for any I missed