The "www.ourtouringpast.com"- Anniversary Rally 2016

philmac

Re: The "www.ourtouringpast.com"- Anniversary Rally 2016

Post by philmac »

thanks for the heads up reddo, they give us the choice of two sites and must have thought
the van was big enough to take up both!!! will get in touch with the park.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi

Its me again folks..
Phill it looks like your all sorted on 77.
No need for a phone call.

However...
We still need to find Sally Parker and get her to phone the park and sort out her site.

Also ... calling .. "Ricards"... thats "Ricards" ( surname) not Richards.

Could you also please make contact with the park... ask for Vicki.. she is there wednesday , thursday and friday.... !!

If anyone knows these people could you also please give em a prod.. 8-)
The last thing we want is for these 2 to turn up at the gate and find their site has been sold off to someone else ... egads .. even worse ... sold off to a modern van :shock:

I dont know either of these people otherwise i would have contacted them via a PM r phone call.... I can only do so much.. the rest is up to them.

Problem seems to have arisen from 3 different people taking bookings and using different booking formats on the computer.

Cheers
Redd on 24
Richard

Post by Richard »

I ll have a look through the member list and see if I can match a name to an email to try and contact em.
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.

Thanks for that. I will make a few phone enquires today amongst the group as well. :idea:

I have found that some of the sites have been booked by members on behalf of their friend :?:
I have had one member phone and advise me that they arent coming along now. I.. or the member havent phoned the park to free up that site yet. trying to make sure all that have booked ( The parkers and ricards of the world) have a site before informing the park of the cancellation.
Hopefully once sorted we can release the spare site and get another V V on site 8-)

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Speaking with Lynsey and larrythelarrikan and they are going to try and make it Reddo. I'll get back to you shortly
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Jeff
No worries mate.
Just be aware that the park is still waiting on "The Ricards".. ( or the people that booked the Ricards in ???) to contact them to ensure they have a site.
I am of the belief that if the people do not make contact with the managers shortly and ....they have not paid a deposit ( not certain??? ...that is up to the park ) then the managers are well within thier rights to release the site to someone else.

I have spoken with Wayne and Sharon... they had expressed interest in coming along... unfortunately the event doesnt fit with the running of their business... cant get away that week :cry:

The best i can offer at this stage to anyone considering going is to ring the park.. wednesday, thursday or friday and ask for Vicki.. she is the one looking after the OTP Rally bookings.

Other news..
How does everyone feel about having an open fop inspection afternoon on the sunday arvo.. say 2 till 4 pm??
That way you can still enjoy a morning out sightseeing and still be back in time to take your washing off the annexe ropes and spruce the van up for inspection. This doesnt mean you have to let the people trample through your van ( entirely up to the owner if they want to let people inside). They can come and ask questions .. stick their head in the door and .. ooooo and aaar all they like.

Just let me know your thoughts??
Am considering getting the bro to make up a banner to put up at the main gate welcoming people to come and have a look at the vans... could put day and time on it to reduce the likelyhood of people wandering around the park while the van owners arent there. :idea:

Waddya say :?:

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

:D :D No Problemo :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Roll Call...

site 14- ??
site 15-Graham Ellis
site 17-Marilyin
site 18-??..( modern van )
site 19- Brendon and Stacey
site 20 -??
site 21-Dicko and Shirley
site 22-Trodler
site 23-vacant
site 24-Reddo
site 25-Garry and Fran
site 26-Jennison
site 27-Sutcac
site28-Strugglebrook

site 42-Sally Kime
site 44-Lisa Holman

site77-Phillmac

Cabin C9-Earlee

Still no response from "Ricards"??
sites 14 , 17, 20 are still a bit of a mystery... :?:

There may be others around the park that have booked but havent stated to the managers that they have vint vans...
I love a good mystery :lol:
Cheerio
Reddo
Last edited by reddo on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marilyn

Post by Marilyn »

The Rickards paid deposit may 2015. Have contacted park and are still on site 17 as booked last may.
Cheers Stan and Deb.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Getting close Reddo. 2 weeks today to be at blacksmiths!!!!
Jenno