Christmas in July .. 2015

reddo

Re: Christmas in July .. 2015

Post by reddo »

G'day and welcome to the OTP forum guys. 8-)

Yup... I remember
Love your little van and the chev.
Look forward to catching up with you guys again at Stocko and maybe blow the froth off a couple of beers.
What site did you book??

I am sure you will fit in OK with the vintage van mob... pretty easy going crew who enjoy old cars and vans.
and I think the park is a good venue , as there is plenty to see and do locally.

Cheers
Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day reddo, thanks for the welcome we have booked site 67 . lookin forward to catchin up and having the frothies even more now.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Thank you ladies and gentleman....

The bookings are about to close off...
At.....28 happy campers .. ( well roughly 28 sites )
Going once....
Do I hear any advance at 28 ladies and gentleman :?:
At 28 Happy campers 8-)
Going twice :?: :?:
Do I hear any advance on 28 ladies and gentleman 8-)
For the third and final time..... :roll:
I will be talking with the vendor shortly ....
Don't miss out on the golden opportunity to buy your piece of paradise .. well at least for a few days....
Location location location

Up goes the hammer.............................!!!!!!

Hurry......
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

:D :D :D
28 Happy Campers, sounds like a good number Reddo.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
suzieq2012

Post by suzieq2012 »

I have booked!
Site #65 - cute little 1950s BONDWOOD, named WOODY
Cheers, Sue
reddo

Post by reddo »

Good onya Susieq.

If we get weather like we are getting this weekend in Newcastle .... the joint forums Vintage van get together should be a hoot. 8-)

See ya there :D

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok....
Just got back from Stockton.
Have managed to broker a bit of a discount on our overnight rates.... but only for those staying 2 nights or more... and.. I think that is just about all of us isn't it ???

Sites taken are...33 34 35 37
36 is on hold ... but it is on hold for the vintage van group... I don't know if someone has rang and asked for it to be held... but I reckon by now if they haven't got back to the park and confirmed .. well then its open to who ever wants it??

57 and 58 are taken

more sites taken..
62 ... ( 63 IS AVAILABLE) 64 right through to 82 are taken
. then 85.. as well as ensuites. E1 to E7 leaving ensuite E8 still available... I think..... it may be taken by someone not involved with us vint vanners ??

So... doin" a bit of a tally up... that makes... 32 vans.. not too shabby at all aye??

Have called in at the Bowlo and tentatively Booked 50 seats for us for Saturday night dinner... they can handle more if more seats are needed. There is a 60th Birthday on downstairs but that wont effect bookings upstairs in the open dinning area.. Australian and Asian tucker .. so there should be something on the menu for even the fussiest eaters.

Spent a bit of time chasing up some more trivia questions from around the town .. so for those that want to combine a bit of signpost hunting with sight seeing around the town, we should have a bit of fun with that Saturday arvo in the camp kitchen .. 8-) ;)

Only 5 weeks away now....Ho Ho Ho

Cheers fa now
Reddo
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Thanks Reddo, sounds like it's going to be a great long weekend :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just a bit of an update..
2 more sites taken..
Welcome aboard Ron ??? on site 36. I got a call from the park manager as this site has been on hold for about 6 weeks with no " action ".. so I told em to let it go to whoever wants it..
Moral of the story.. ya snooze ya lose.

Also got a text message from Steve Obrien... he has taken site 63 and is coming along for the dinner on Saturday night.
So... 34 vans attending now.

The manager also mentioned something about some people coming along to make a Vintage van CD??... Does anyone know anything about that....???

Regards
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

The DVD ....explained :?:

Havent spoken to Cliff and Ingrid..... but apparently from what I read below there will be a Xmas dinner sometime during our getogether. So bring along your puds and Xmas fare.
Also .... The road trip up north sounds interesting and I am sure it will have a destination ... nothing like a mystery tour :lol: ... will let you know more if I hear from Cliff and Ingrid :?:

" "Hi everyone, We have just had a phone call from Fred Wright of Caravan & Motorhome magazine & they will be coming to cover our Xmas in July for the magazine.
Fred spoke to us at Forster Motorfest & was very interested in doing an article & a DVD they will arrive on Friday & join our happy hours & cover our Xmas Dinner.
Also want to know if there a few people that would like to join in with a road trip up north for a few days following the weekend this will also be on the DVD.
Sorry for the short notice but this was supposed to be around the end of October but was brought forward to cover our festivities.
Regards
Ingrid & Cliff