Christmas in July .. 2015

reddo

Re: Christmas in July .. 2015

Post by reddo »

Hi Everyone
Well ... sites are filling up fast for the 2015 Christmas in July gathering.
As can be seen on Richards u-beaut site map , there is still a few vacant sites available ( They are marked in yellow). There is a total of 20 sites already taken
Ensuite sites E5 and E7 are in the 20 total.
I was sort of hoping that we can fill sites 69 . 75 . 35 and 36 before I contact the managers and ask that we have another "New Estate Land Release" of sites 62 to 68 8-)
There is a good reason for this.. if the sites aren't taken by us vintage vanners , then there is a good chance that we might be sharing the turf with Late model vans.......and that would be sad :oops: :cry:
Its not that I have anything against new vans ... but it would be nice to have the whole area covered with old wobbly boxes. 8-)
So... give it some thought. Pencil in a few days break in your busy lifestyle and get onto the park to book your piece of paradise from 16th to 20th July.. or longer if you wish :D

I have been thinking about maybe a short drive signpost rally on Saturday for those that might be interested :?: ... and possibly a "Vintage caravan " trivia night in the camp kitchen Friday evening???.... how good is your V.V knowledge??? .. and your recollection of events and highlights of previous runs and events??

Cheers
Reddo

Stay tuned
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

This is shaping into a good roll up, I might be able to help out with some prizes Mr Reddo.
Keep signing up people. :D :D :D
Richard

Post by Richard »

Once again trust Reddo to come up with another great idea. :idea: :idea:
I might be able to sling a few ourtouringpast Tshirts to take with you, and maybe a major prize of a website banner. :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Oh Goody..
A website Banner... 8-)
Onya Richard...... I think I might know him.....!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just got back from a jaunt over to the van park to see how the bookings are coming along...
We now have 22 sites occupied.
3 sites still available in the areas I originally set aside for us..
Those being35, 36 , and 69.
Those 3 sites are in a prime location.. close handy to the toilets and camp kitchen
I have also now reserved sites 62 to 68 . These sites are a bit further back from the amenities but still very much in "The Thick of it".

Done a bit of a cruise around Stockton and managed to string a few interesting trivia/ treasure hunt questions together.. all based on casual observations and visiting a few historic spots in the town.

I hope to have approx. 30 questions so we can run 3 X 10 questions and have some sort of awards for the teams that get the best score out of ten in each of the 3 games.
Are you confused.. ?? .. I know I am :D
I figure we will run the Trivia night on sunday night. That gives people time to explore the town and get their answers together..... Dunno what i'll do if everyone gets 10 out of 10??..
Probably.... RUN !!!
Don't forget to let either me .. or .. Geoff and Jude know when you book your site and what site you are on!!

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Site number 62 is now taken .
Allan and Gabbie that I have met on a few occasions ( Muswellbrook village Fair and Aberdeen Big Boys Toys show) are coming all the way from Narrabri with there immaculate dark blue and white EH Holden sedan and matching 1964 Sunliner.
Allan is an EH fanatic and a lover of old vans.

Last time I spoke with them they where keen on coming along on this years "Autumn Tour of SEQ" too.

So... don't delay... get on the dog and bone and contact Stockton Beach Holdiday Park and reserve your piece of Christmas in July Paradise. It wont be as cold as Katoomba or Bleakheath ...
I promise !!!
Bring your bikini.. the girls can bring theirs too :shock:

Redd"oneseys"
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi there vint van nut cases 8-)

Just giving Christmas in July a bit of a "Hurry Up" here.
I promised the park managers we would have any booking commited and paid for by the end of May.
Time is running out. :oops:

So... get your skates.. or should that read "Skis" on and get on the phone ASAP to secure your site .

You snooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze you lose.
Regards

Red-ho-ho-ho
reddo

Post by reddo »

To Quote Strugglebrook..
He seems to have the right idea and is in party mode already.... :lol:

" Come on people get the static displays out. Great park with a good camp kitchen, take a ride on the ferry across to Newcastle or you can jump in the car and go site seeing along the coast or check out a winery or even see the Hunter Valley Gardens. Or you can be like me sit back relax and drink beer with a great bunch of people."

Yep, yep, yep...pretty much sums it up I reckon...
So in the words of the Bingle we would all like to have :shock: :roll: ..."Where the bloody hell are ya's"

Its not too late!!.. You can do it!!!.. shirt front the boss!!! Spit in his eye !!!.. hang the expense!!!.. put that Overseas trip to the French Riviera on hold!!.Tell the kids there is no Santa, and they will have to make do with a weekend at the beach while mum and dad fill up on froth and bubbles ( I am sure they will understand :roll: ) .. phone the van park ... open your wallet and repeat after me...."Help Yourself "

My work is done here boy wander... I must aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaayyyyyy!!!

Reddo
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day all only new to this so go easy on me . been lookin on for a whle but haven't been brave enough to log on but I have bit the bullet and booked a site for Stockton beach. Maybe reddo remembers me from kuurri kurri nostalgia with the black c10 and little van, anyway it sounds like a great weekend and hope to make some new friends . see ya there.