Christmas in July .. 2015

reddo

Christmas in July .. 2015

Post by reddo »

Hi all
Well after a windy Christmas in July 2014 at South West Rocks and a wet Christmas in July 2013 at Forster there was much discussion at the joint vintage caravan forums get together at Shellharbour last weekend about ... "Where to in 2015??"
Lots of interesting suggestions from different attendees who have good knowledge of their individual areas.. or as I like to refer to my local digs "Dung Mounds". ;)

Shoal Bay at Port Stephens was mentioned .. a nice spot with eaps to do in the area,,, but both Shoal and Fingal Bay Van Parks are on the main drag and cop a fair bit of road noise late at night etc.
So... after some to-ing and fro-ing it was decided that I should look into the costs of staying a few nights at "Stockton Beach Caravan Park"
This park is on the North Bank of the Hunter River and Stockton has plenty of food venues.
There is a Bowling Club on the north side of the cricket ground which is at the entry to the van park. There is an RSL 2 blocks down the road. 2 pubs within walking distance.
You can walk to the ferry wharf and catch the ferry over to the Newcastle Harbour foreshore .. spend the day just strolling around the beachfront promenades.

One low frontal sand dune separates the beach from the park. It is well protected from the prevailing Nor east winds around June . July...
and... wait for it... It has a huge camp kitchen with roll up all weather clear plastic blinds...the kitchen is big enough to roller skate in... don't ask how I know.... it just is :roll:

I know July 2015 is a long way off but I thought I would get in early and get some ground work done.
If you are interested or think you might like to come along .. just reply here or send me a pm.. or email me .. reddo952@bigpond.net.au.
Here is a few links to the park to wet your appetite...
http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Rev ... Wales.html

http://stocktonbeach.com/about-the-park ... ery/page/2
Photo of camp kitchen is on page 2 in photo gallery 8-)

http://stocktonbeach.com/about-the-park/park-map/

Cant wait... these vintage van "Christmas in July" weekends are better than the real ones in December.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:idea:
Reddontdelaysignupnow :idea: 8-)
reddo

Re: Christmas in July .. 2015

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just got back from Stocko van park..

11 sites booked at Stockton 17th July to 20th July.,, NSW School hols finish 12th July.
7 -Powered sites 74 to 82 @ $37 p/n
4 - Ensuites E1 to E4 @ $48 p/n
See link to site map in first message and take your pick. All excellent flat sites and right near camp kitchen and amenities block.
$100 dep required by end May. Don't forget to waive your seniors card or NRMA card... might get a few bob off the tariff... ???
Dogs are allowed .. if kept under control... please keep the barking to a minimum :evil: .
Obviuosly there will be some of us that wanna arrive earlier and or leave later .. I will leave it to them to discuss and sort out when making their booking. The longer you leave booking in the less chance you have of getting days outside of the 4 days I have reserved for us.. its your call.

Would like to see all 11 sites taken up with vintage vans .. preserve the "streetscape" so to speak. Other "Younger " vans are welcome but it would be appreciated if you booked a site outside of those reserved for vintage vans . There is dozens of them available at the moment.....Man .. is that gunna cause an outcry.. however I am sure anyone that intends to bring a "New" van that has a love of old vans will appreciate what the plan is... 8-)

Phone Managers ...Maree and Duncan Lammond - 0419288813 or 02 49281393 and tell em you would like to book one of the sites reserved by Glenn Redman from the Vintage Caravan Group 0n 4/1/2015. for July this year.
Once you have done that can you send me a pm or email me reddo952@bigpond.net.au and let me know your name and site number. For house/home/shed security reasons we don't encourage you advertising that you are coming here on the site forum.

The Stockton Beach Holiday Park is at 3 Pitt st, Stockton.

So.. that's it from me... no spoon feeding .. ya all grown ups now.. Tell a friend on other websites.
Cheers
Reddo... proud Novacastrian
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Reddo

Sounds good, booked in on site 82, look forward to a Christmas cook up.

George
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

We done Master and George, should be closer for most of the South West Rocks participants and for the northerners at least it`s a straight run down the freeway. :D :D :D :D :D
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Great work on getting the vintage vanners Xmas in July trip organised.
Will be looking forward to it Reddo, although we will have to see how a new baby copes with vintage caravanning ( baby was due today but still hasnt decided to arrive yet) :roll: :roll: So Ill hang off from booking.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi

Griffin and Richard.
Good to see someone start the ball rolling.
Nice choice George site 82 is in the "prime location" with great exposure to a lot of incoming vans etc.... close handy to everything... Ultimate "show off corner" :lol: ...Of course you know this means you definitely have to tow the van with an "approved tow car"..... meaning... The Vauxhall 8-)

Richard
If me n the missus managed taking 2 kids under 3 up the beach ( unpowered /no toilet/no running water) for a weeks fishing/camping in a short wheel based Landrover and tent .. Then I reckon you guys could tough it out in a van with an onsite ensuite.
Memories are made of this sort of stuff.. and the little bloke ( and the big ones) will have a ball on the beach.
The fishin aint bad.. I drew a bit of a crowd last time I landed "something decent"...
If it rains ya can play scrabble..

I have just rang and booked site 85 ...So.. unlike the Arnotts Rosella ... I am IN the Bickie tin

yeah ,,, I know it wasnt on my list of reserved sites but ... when I looked at the map I figured :idea: I would grab it to avoid having a 20ft Caramel or a Fayco move in there :twisted:

While speaking with Lisa Maree I mentioned "Group Discount"... They are cool with that, and that will apply once we get 10 Vintage Van bums on sites. The get a lot of group[s in there during the year. They have a stack of "Bird watchers" coming in there at the moment :roll:
I will have a word with em and tell em to go check out the chicks on Newcastle Beach... or... better still.. the unofficial nudie beach... Susan Gilmour Beach..

So ya see folks .. there is lots to see and drool.... ummm ... DO.. just don't get caught by the missus :lol: :lol: :lol:
..Image

See.. told ya...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Its not so much as not being able to manage, but more that the neighbours might not like being woken up 3 times a night with a crying baby. :evil: :evil: we could book one of the sites in between 82 and 85. :D :D Second thoughts I could try and sound proof the inside of the RoadCruiser. :idea: :idea: :idea:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard

I submitted your explaination for your absence to my solicitors "Martin, Barton and Fargo "and they have advised me of their recommendation...
You and the vocal rug rat are barred from staying within 500 metres of site #85 for the period 16th to 20th July..
However.. they suggest we allow day visits providing a "Plug" is inserted in the "loud speaker" . ( maybe one in the discharge end might be a good idea too :lol: )

I will forward their costs for acting on my behalf in this matter to you.

Now get your butt down to the delivery ward.. things can't be far off "happening"

Reddo
griffin

Post by griffin »

Whew back on line!

Struth, what happened, 'blacklisted' they reckon, the Gremlins have been at work again, but it all seems to be ok now, maybe thanks to Michael the Administrator?

Anyway, Reddo, site 82 solely for the convenience of being close to the conveniences. Hopefully this time we won't be thwarted as we were at SWR and consigned to a back alley due to site work on arrival. The Velox is ready for duty as always, apart from being the only vehicle with a tow bar in the collection.

I recently ran across this small item in Motor Manual from April, 1962 which indicates Stockton was just a new park then. Must be doing something right, it's still there.
Stockton - AMM April 1, 1962.jpg
Geo.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Well.. after a bit of texting and emailing today I have had a few replies from people keen to attend this years Christmas in July at Stocko.
It appears that as of today we have 9 "definites" with 3 already booked in.
All the usual xmas in july party people... well at least the 9 that where at South west rocks last year.. 8-)
I had booked 11 sites but its still early enough to book extra sites 65 to 79 that back on to the other sites already reserved if need be.

So.. give it some thought... yeah I know its a long way off yet ... but....if ya snooze ya loose... and it will be here before you know it !

Reddo