Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally 2010.

Richard

Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally 2010.

Post by Richard »

I have been in contact with Ron from the Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally regarding their 2010 Steam Rally, and he has asked me to help advertise the rally. This event is to be held on the 1st and 2nd of May 2010 and the organisers have made this a special tribute to Historic Caravans.

This is not only Australia's largest Steam Rally but it is recognised throughout the world. So it would be worth while for all Historic Caravan owners to attend this event and give the organisers our support in taking the time to feature Historic Caravans.
I need to confirm the following items with Ron, but there would be no cost for those that take there vans for the weekend and stay on the grounds.

Costs.................................There will be no cost to attend the weekend as long as you have your
Historic /vintage caravan in tow.
When to arrive.....................Arrive either Friday the 30th of April or on Saturday the 1st of May.
When to leave.....................The camping area needs to be cleared by Wednesday the 5th of May
Are there showers ...............Yes there are Hot and Cold showers.
Are there toilets...................Yes.
Is there Power.....................The main Rally caravan area is booked out from Rally to Rally but the organisers have put aside an area for Historic Caravans, and if they can get enough Historic vans to attend they will hire a large generator for power.

There will be events all weekend including the displays of some very impressive personal collections of stationary motors, traction engines and Tractors, with the special event over both days of a Grand Parade.

For those that are attending the Nationals in Mildura on the 10th to the 15th of May, may wish to extend there holiday to include this event.
Click on the following link for the Rally website,

Lake Goldsmith

or if you need more information just email me.

ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: Lake Goldsmith Steam Rally 2010.

Post by Richard »

Ron has mailed me some flyers that they have had printed for the Rally. For those that attended Cora Lyn last weekend in Victoria you would probably already have on as they were organised to hand out at that event.
Goldsmith 1.JPG

Last bumped by Richard on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:46 pm.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.