2nd Annual Stockton the place to be in February.

philmac

Re: 2nd Annual Stockton the place to be in February.

Post by philmac »

hey buddy
knew we were on the same wavelength!!!! now thats my kind of dog
looks like he can carry more than one beer and ice too !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Thanks Fellas, next time Pam goes crook at me I will be able to say that there is always someone worse off or in this case two namely Trish and Veronica.
:D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Trish and Veronica would never come up with a plan to make me walk through a bindi patch...
It takes a certain kind of evil to come up with that sort of plan.... :evil:

Meanwhile..... the clock keeps ticking folks... only 4 days to get your patch of paradise secured.... Tuesday 14th is closing in fast.

Just a reminder that the old camp kitchen we use to use.. drafty and wet ,, has been demolished and there is a flash new camp kitchen and games room in its place.. a massive area to congregate in if the weather turns bad,,,,
ummmmmm .. dont mention bad weather....
The infamous Shellharbour Ark has been repurposed..
Reddotel International has branched out into a new business venture. it is now anchored on Lake Macquarie and being used as a " Boat of ill repute"
Elvis the Jack Russell Goat works there as a bouncer.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Tomorrow is the day, so book em Danno for another great weekend. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

Hi Everyone
Janette and Tony are booked in from Friday to Monday
See you all then
We're growing older but not up!
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Jannette and Tony..
Pleased to hear you are coming along to Stockton with your TD...
Perhaps this tme we can sit and have a listen to your skills with the Eucs.. 8-)
Maybe have a jam session???.. i will bring a jar of strawberry.. or maybe Blackberry Jam.
Regards
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

That will be a weekend highlight , Mr Reddo getting banjo lessons so he can go back and play on the front porch and ask the poor metre reader,
"are you fro the power company boy ??" :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Janetteandtony

Post by Janetteandtony »

G'day All
Cast your mind back to those who stayed on the Sunday night at Shellharbour :roll: .... on the Monday we were all sitting around at Veronica and Phil's, solving all the problems of the world, when the conversation turned to culinary delights.
Young Geoffrey, of Jude and Geoff fame, related a dish that his mother used to make that Jude still makes for him today. From what I remember it went something like .... white bread toasted with vegemite in a white sauce with a disused tennis sock and an old leather boot they found in the backyard. :mrgreen:
As Geoff relayed this tale to us his eyes grew misty, and i'm sure I saw a little tear in the corner of his eye, as he assured us this provided him with all of the sustenance required for a growing boy in the hard times of his youth.
The conversation wandered off a little and I (Tony) confessed that at one stage, of my long and eventful life, I had been a vegetarian! :o
This brought a round of somewhat humorous negative comments that John, of Pam and John fame, came to my defence in saying that we shouldn't disregard these poor vegos ... what we sould do is cook up some vegetarian meals for everybody to try.
So I (Tony) am proposing, if anyone is game enough to try them, to cook up 3 different dishes at our Stockton meet. They appear to have a really good camp kitchen that has an oven to allow me to do this.
Geoff was intrigued in the way that we cooked tofu so this will be one dish on the menu ... Geoff will licking his lips when he read this!
If anyone is interested in this proposition to sample these foods please let us know ... you will be pleasantly surprised!!!!!!! :lol:
Janette & Tony
We're growing older but not up!
jubbard

Post by jubbard »

hiya tony and janette

we're not fully decided about stockton beach at this stage because we may be on a little tour with alan and jenny around that time.

BUT, if we do get there, i'll be only too happy to assist you in preparing a delicious course of the much anticipated and loved "vegemite toast" , the meal that helped build alan and me into the fine upstanding men we are today.

now, as for the tofu, i recall one of the most popular recipes for tofu is to cut it into 25mm cubes, add herbs and spices to taste, place into a saucepan and cover with chicken stock, add a rock and boil for not less than two hours, then remove the rock and pour the boiled tofu down the sink and then eat the rock before it cools.

i'm prepared to give that tofu recipe a go if you're prepared to make it.

maybe see you up there.

geoff (and jude who won't eat vegemite toast)
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday janette and tony
scared me there for a minute, I thought you was throwing out a cooking challenge ,
but then i realised I could be one of the judges this time and just do the sampling so that sounds fine by me
i will line up to give it a try thanks
phil