Re: 3rd Annual Christmas in July at Murrundi

Post by Strugglebrook »

That`s cause you are an electrician. :D :D :D :D :D

Proudfitterthatalwaysgetsabite :lol:
reddo

Post by reddo »

So...
There i was... on a farm stay up the valley...
Fresh air..... bit smelly and very hot.. but different to the lovely cool coastal sea breezes us coasties are use to !!

I awoke early.. took my long handled square mouth shovel ( for milking cows , as insturucted by strugglebrook) down to the dairy.
No farmers about??....
Hmmm.. probably at home cleaning up after the shipwreck that strugglebrook talks about in so much detail...Never did quite figure out what that was all about??... must be why they say farmers are "Early risers"????

Anyway..Thinking i would make the milking process as warm and comfortable experience as possible for the cow, I placed the shovel in some hot coals of a fire from the day before.....There was some other long bits of steel ...about 1 metre long with handles on them???.. they had a couple of letters on the other end??

I singled out the largest cow i could find.....Bit different to the other cows???.. The others had a sorta "bagpipe " thingy underneath them..
The one i chose just had a big "drain plug" sorta thingy underneath.. I figures ... must be a new mutated type of moo cow that the farmers have interbred ( The bush folk are good at that). One large drain plug must be better than 4 ...Sorta " Hi flow" ... like the diesel pumps i see at the servo for trucks nowadays....... cool

So..
I puts a rope around the cows neck and fastens him to the fergie tractor . Removes the shovel from the fire and gently places it on the milking point and "Sack"..

All of a sudden there was this real loud mooing noise...vvvvveeeeerrrry high pitched ..... and the "cow" took off across the paddock with the tractor hot in pursuit.
It took a big arc and came back around towards me.. ...went clean through the dairy demolishing it and proceeded on through the farmhouse ... in one end .. and out the other it went...and up over the hill beyond!!!.... by this stage the fergie had bump started and was starting to overtake the cow !!!

The farmer came down to see what the hell had happened?????.. i explained that i had done exactly what J Strugglebrook had instructed me to do..
He asked for details of Strugglebrooks whereabouts.. ??.. i gave him all the details and handed him the shovel to return to Strugglebrook... giving him instructions to thank JD when they meet. :D :D . He placed it in his ute along with the pump action shotgun??.mumbling something about "Knackering the bast@#$ when he ropes and brands him"...
Me being keen to learn more about farming , .I made a mental note :idea: to ask JD about the knackering, branding and de- horning process next time we meet 8-) :?: :?: :?:

I Thanked Jed for having me stay a few days and left the farm thinking... Perhaps dairy farming is not for me..
On the way home i passed the cow sitting in a nearby creekbed with steam coming up from around his milking sack. :shock: The tractor still tehered to the cow , and...was doing ever deminishing circles around the cow.....Geez i am glad i tied a rope between em.. the farmer will be so happy to get his prized single drain cow and the faithfull Fergie back :D .

If the poor dairy cow buggers have to go through that every morning and arvo i reckon that milk should be dearer .. and Savlon for the poor cows should be on the free list of pharmasutical products....
Strugglebrook could make a fortune going around the farms hand applying the Savlon to the single drain cows burnt bits... would be a lot easier for the struggling shopkeeper than selling tractor tyres to the cockies ... :D :D :D :D :D

Reddoministerforshortstories
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

I think this whole situation could be best handled figureativly speaking if Master Reddo starts wearing boxing gloves to bed at night. :D :D :D :D :D

MR Strugglebrook.
reddo

Post by reddo »

68 watching
1 bid at $750..
Finishes tomorrow evening..
Happy Bidding and good luck
reddo

Post by reddo »

Dear Mr Alwaysgetsabite

Oooooooooooh no ya dont..
Previuos suggestions from you have ended badly for me......
First up near killed in a ship wreck
Bought a square mouth shovel , went milking as per instructions..and nearly got killed by a single drain cow
Now ya want me to buy a pair of boxing gloves??

I am beginning to think you are trying to get me to self assasinate

Everyone knows boxing is a dangerous thing.. Just ask any member of P.O.O.F.S
Proud Order Of Fitters Society ......just how dangerous Boxing is... Every last one of them will tell ya they have been punched around the ring.

However... i did make enquires at the sports store about boxing gloves?? .. nil stock.... apparently the minister from the local Private boys school has cleaned them out. :?: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Boxing must be rife behind closed doors. :roll: :roll: :roll: :?: :?: :?:

Nup... boxing aint for me.....I'll leave that for the fitters. :( :( :( :( :(

Well folks.. im glad thats all sorted.. 8-)

Here we are in 2018..
and there is still plenty of spots still available at Murruwatsitcalled
The more people we get signing up .. the better the chances are of getting some good entertainment on the saturday night. The girly that played guitar for us last year was great. Played for several hours.
Who knows ... maybe we can get her back again this year... or
Maybe Doug and Carol know of another up and coming local talent that needs an attentive ear to listen to their music??
Maybe have a second act.. Tony and Janette strumming the euks??

No matter what.. ya need to pick up the phone .. ring Doug and Carol and secure your piece of frozen paradise in July.
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Looking forward to roasting nuts by the fire. :D :D :D :D :D :D
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi everyone,

Shaun and I have booked our spot. We'll be there for Friday and Saturday night with our Sunliner. Still trying to convince him to put a tow bar on the Torana.

Monica :D :D
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well done Bluebirds,

Now if we could get the damper making champion down from Queensland ???

JD. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D :D :D :D
Bloody Queenslanders are champions at everything.. just ask em ...they will remind us ( with great gusto i might add) about the State Of Origin :shock: :roll: :cry:
And..
To make matters worse i see on the news the other night they took out "Best Vegetable Display" at the Royal Easter Show in Sydney.....
Is nothing sacred ???... i see amongst the vegies some "Queensland Blues Pumpkins"... they have even stolen our footy team . :o :shock:

Good to hear the Bluebirds are heading up to Murrurundi... welcome aboard !!!!

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

OK Everybody,
We have just had some great Tours and a good roll up at the Nationals and the puppy friendly park down the road.
Then there are the Gunnas , and the poor buggers who just couldn`t make it.
What next??

The annual Christmas in July at Murrurundi, a great little park in a great little town.
You`ll have noticed I said little, Google and have a look, Doug and Carol are great hosts.
They will sqeeze as many as the can in and if the vans not finished or you are looking to buy one come and join in, there will be stew on the stove in the cosy camp kitchen.

So book your spot and come and have a great get together.

JD.