Shellharbour - V.V Getogether 2017

reddo

Shellharbour - V.V Getogether 2017

Post by reddo »

Hi Folks :D :D :D :D

As we all know by now Geoff and Jude have been hard at it organising and promoting this years annual Vintage Vans get together at Shellharbour - Mid October - 18 to around the 25th. 8-) 8-) 8-)

As i sit here basking in what seems to be an endless run of clear blue skies.. warm balmy days and coolish nights, i cant help but get excited about catching up with everyone in what we all know can be a great part of the world... but ..sorta wandering when the blue skies are gunna give way to clouds.. howling winds from any direction on the compass .. and possibly rain as well... it can all turn to poop very quickly when the weather decides to chuck a tantrum !!! ... You know the stuff.. typical Old Coledale / New Shellharbour offerings.

So... me being a "Redman".. not knowing if i am actually of Indian decent .. or just coincidence that is my surname... have decided i will get up every morning from now until i arrive at ShellHarbour and do a reverse raindance to ensure the fine weather stays through until after we leave the park...
Bloody bewdy mate :shock:
Not to sure what the "Sundance " dance steps are just yet.. :?: . but have been practicing the moves after having a dozen or so Bundy rums... :D
:idea: Have run the 1827 video that my great great great uncle took of the Commanchero braves ( accompanied by the General Custer dance troupe) doing what appears to be ...a rain dance..... out on the prairies in the good old USA.....and made a copy in reverse.. hoping that will contain the correct moves for encourage the weather gods to provide dry weather....In between dance moves there seemed to be a lot of whoopin and hollering with arrows and bullets flying everywhere. :shock: ... i felt that was a bit over the top for a simple backblocks rave party so in the interests of OHS and the neighbours not coping a few stray arrows while i practice up i have chosen to leave those moves out of my routine........... ;)

Whats that you reckon guys???.. am i onto something here??...... Dickhead you say ???? :o :shock: :roll: ,,,,, hhhhhhhmmmmmpppphhhhh !!!

OK ..So tell me then smartypants .. What are you doing to ensure we have a fine weather gathering this year ... :evil:

Ugg for now :lol:
Reddo
jennison

Re: Shellharbour - V.V Getogether 2017

Post by jennison »

Currently in old England doing my best to drain all the rain over here Reddo, any luck there will be none left for you :D
Jenno
Last edited by jennison on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Yes I think Richard Cranium hits it on the head. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Strugglebrook, seasoned traveller.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ho Ho...
Okay there seasoned seasonal traveller...
if we are into quoting ... then what have you got for this line....

"OK ..So tell me then smartypants .. What are you doing to ensure we have a fine weather gathering this year ... :evil: "

Tumbleweeds , Crickets and ....... yep,,,..... i figured so.... Nothing. :D
Just sit under someone elses annexe when the weather turns to poop downing frothies .. and get poor Pam to run to the camp kitchen and cook in cyclone force winds and driving rain.

"Seasoned"... Yep.. will send some bread crumbs, sage and onions...'cause you sure need stuffing too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Years of fine tuning and training have made Pamela and Rattcliffe into a fine support team.

One can only feel for Trish with what she has to work with. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

OK then... sweet....Sounds like your our man.
Seeing as though you are so damn good at "Fine tuning and training" .. can i suggest you turn your hand to doing just that with the weather....
May we order 7 consecutive days of ..
#1 Temp... 25 to 30 degrees
#2 Wind ... no more than 5 knots
#3 Humidity.. low
#4. Continues sunshine. ( daylight hours only here Johnie.. dont wanna interfere too much with nature )
#5.. A 5 o'clock happyr hour that extends to 4 hours each afternoon.. That 5.00 pm in the arvo..... i just cant handle 5.00 am happy hours like i use to..

Please exclude rain..or any other similar event listed below in #6

# 6 ...Rain :evil: (including .. flood, tornando, cyclone, thunderstorm, hailstorm, deluge, sprinkle, shower, hurricane,tropical storm, East coast low... or any variant thereof),, a big fat ZERO.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.
If any of the abovementioned events listed under #6 is experienced while caravaning at Shellharbour then we will sue you.
So... dont stuff up !!!

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Nice sea breeze and a chance of a light shower (for the farmers) booked in. :D :D :D :D :D :D
please to be of service :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Son Luke just rang me..
He is over on Fraser Island at the moment..

Got a light shower on the tent last night.. Apparently just under 200 mm.. :shock:
Not much they could do but curl up in all the wet camping gear .. try and get some sleep ....and wait for the rain to stop .. and the sun to reappear
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.. life under canvas... dont ya just love it..
I asked him to check the street sign and see if it said "Shellharbour" ... :lol:

I see on the news last night that the Pages river at Murrurundi stopped running 6 weeks ago??. :shock: . nature can be cruel... :(

I am still stickin to my preminision that we are in for a significant shower at Shell harbour.. anyone wanna bet.

Yours truely
Doom and Gloom
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Must think positive Master, if we have a little shower we can`t let it dampen our enthusiasm !!
I know nature can be cruel, you only have to look at the heads around the camp fires on the tours :D :D :D :D
Miss Judy is organising a picnic so make sure you bring your basket and Teady Bear :D :D :D
Is there an oven in the new camp kitchen?? I can`t remember. Miss Pamela wants to cook some scones :D :D :D

Positive Junior.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Attention Shellharbour participants, there has been a serious challenge made and accepted. Other entries will be invited.
Laddies and Gentlemen there will be a scone cook off challenge on Saturday beginning at 3pm at the camp kitchen with tasters to gather around the area.
This will be a no holes barred event where enhancements such as jams, cream and copius amounts of alchol can be consumed and also used to sway the judges. At this stage I would like to voluntere as one of the judging panel as I feel that I would do my best to be impartial and have big stomach bones that I feel will be required.

For the brave souls this will lead to a Pizza challenge that will surely test even the great Master Mr Reddo`s powers of consumption.

JD.