Broke Fair 10th Sept 2017

reddo

Broke Fair 10th Sept 2017

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just a reminder that the annua l"Broke Vintage Fair" is on this coming weekend.
As always i have the Saturday job of fencing off an area for the vintage motorbike display on the Sunday.

I wont be displaying a bike this year.. but ..
I am taking the Supalite Van and EH Panno . Set up Saturday arvo and camp the night. Tidy things up Sunday morning for the big display day.
JD Strugglebrook and his flea bitten hound "Ratness" have informed me that they are going to be in attendance Saturday arvo too....
But dont let that put you off !!!

Why not come along and enjoy a lazy arvo and a bit of camp cooking on Saturday night.???. wake up "On site" and in a prime location to inspect the 100s of vehicles that attend on the Sunday.
Its much easier to come out there on the Saturday with the van on ( No reversing required :D ) , as there is usually a "logjam" of cars, trucks, military vehicles all trying to manouver into their alotted spots on the Sunday morning.

Broke is about 20 klms west of Cessnock and about the same distance south of Singleton .. easy accessible on good roads.
Hope to see you there.

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Re: Broke Fair 10th Sept 2017

Post by Strugglebrook »

How lucky is Mr Reddo to have the company of Rattcliffe and myself and probably Lady Pamela.
Mr Reddo towing his Supalite behind my old EH Panno and Us in the EH sedan towing Mr Reddo`s old Supalite.

Just like family :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Just like family :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FAMILY.... HUH !!!!
How much will it cost me to get my name changed by deed poll..
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Why would you want to call yourself Rattcliffe?? :!: :!: :!: :!:
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

One sleep to go Rattcliffe can`t wait to wash uncle Reddos wheels :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Well folks .. fortunately the Beggary Creek fleabag didnt get to wash my wheels... :x :x :x :x :x
Although if he could have made a few bucks hosing off the accumulated dust on about 150 cars over the weekend..
Very dry ..

Took my time driving out to Broke on saturday..
First stop was a beer at the historic Neath pub on Cessnock road... about 25 kilometres from home... ( Man is not a camel :D ) then a casual run out to Broke.
The entire display area of about 4 acres was completely fenced off with red and white danger tape.
I managed to find one of the organisers and explained to her just how important the vintage van display is at this event..
Without further addo the tape was cut and i was allowed to park in the usual designated area set aside for the vintage vans.. ;)
This met with much disdain from the grey nomad society who had not long been "evicted " from the prime camping spots within the fenced off area....

So i gave em all a big cheerio wave and set about establishing camp..
Then settle down with a nice cold beer.
Not long after, the Strugglecrew arrived and set up with thier annexe facing mine.. thus creating a bit of sheltered area between the 2 vans.

Evening closed in quickly , so we set up the Ozpig and cooked dinner on the open fire. Then stoked it up and enjoyed a few beers while watching the moon come up and listening to the footy.
An enjoyable evening.

Up early next morning an remove all evidence of the site being a haven for alcoholics.. empty stubbies taken off site.. Vintage caravanning memrobillia set up in readiness for the hoardes of showgoers to arrive.... and they did.. in thier hundreds...
A busy morning was spent extolling the joys of owning and using old vans... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

As usual there was the occassional comment from the lookers that demands ones full attention and a few people have revealed that they have old vans that need rescuing and restoration...
One is a Deceased estate Bondy in reasonable condition ( along with a few other treasures like an 1899 Lincoln steam engine , a mid 50s Matchless motorcycle etc) .. other is an early 60s Aluminium van.. both will get my perusal sometime this week.
The real bonus here is they are no more than about 3 miles apart.. and about 1 hour from home...... sweet.. stay tuned.

By around 2 pm everyone was starting to pack up and head for home.. .

Another great weekend ... it was a real pleasure for John . Pam and Ratcliffe to once again enjoy my company :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Took a few photos but havent worked out how to bypass photocrap yet. will try again later .
Cheers
reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo would love to see some photos.
You can also attach the photos direct to the forum, so there is no need for photobucket or flicker etc.
Just click on the "attachment" button and then the "add files" button.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
Cheers.

Photo 1.jpg
Photo 2.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok Richard

will give it a go....
Here is 3 for starters...
Attachments
DSCN5310.JPG
DSCN5308.JPG
DSCN5306.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

O Goody... It worked

A few more..
Attachments
DSCN5321.JPG
DSCN5319.JPG
DSCN5318.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

Went and had a look at some of the stuff the old mate told me about ...
The old Bondy in the shed appears to be very similar to a "Weekenda".. unfortunately i couldnt get the flash to work in his very dark shed..
So only one pix to show..

However... it is in very good condition inside. original lino floor, ice chest, Fynspray water pump. all original laminex on table and benchtops.
Has a porthole on the off side. FJ Holden wheels and caps
The not so good. Old fella has reskinned the roof and used 1" X 1" inch aluminium angle on the edges. Has simply cut Vees in it about every 3 inches to get it to bend around the radius.. then screwd through the side walls... gunna take of a bit of removing and tidying up... but doable. Full width perspex windows front and back... Perspex?? not sure what happened there but looks like they have been there like that for a very long time.
Drawbar has been cut and bent upwards to suit towing behind a truck.. will need to be cut and brought back to horizontal.. or a complete new drawbar fabricated.... again do-able but will take time.
Defunitely worth the effort i reckon..Have made an offer... but .. am not holding out much hope of getting it as it is involved in a deceased estate sell out.
Can be difficult with different family members putting different values on things... :roll: :(
Lets hope for a favorable decision in the next week or so.

There is a huge steam engine also to be sold off.. see pictures.

From there i went to the other property and had a look at the other van was told about.
see pictures.
Its full of household stuff.. a bit of rust in the c section steel outer edges under the van. easy fix.
Roof hatch has suffered with rust in frame around hatch..
Large opening qualcraft windows alround.

Worth salvaging just for the fine diamond pattern aluminium cladding..
No one home while i was there... will phone em and make the amazingly low offer today... :lol:

Reddo.
Attachments
DSCN5332.JPG
DSCN5329.JPG
DSCN5326.JPG