2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

humpty

Re: 2018 Autumn Tour....The Bigger Than Texas Tour.

Post by humpty »

Looks like we might have get our selves organised for a couple of days run down to Nowa Nowa eh Reddo?
Like the idea of being in town too Col.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yep North Cedars is the go I recon.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Col

Post by Col »

Thanks for the answers, it does makes sense to be closer to the Nats venue, so North Cedars it is.Tomorrow I will ring the park and try to get a group of sites reserved for us, then it is over to you to book , Col and I will stay until Sunday, that gives us enough time to catch up with everyone and check out all the other vans.

Kris.
reddo

Post by reddo »

humpty wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 pm Looks like we might have get our selves organised for a couple of days run down to Nowa Nowa eh Reddo?
Like the idea of being in town too Col.
Hi Pete
Sorta been messing with Kilometres and diving times....
Leave wednesday 11/4. Barnsley to Huskisson - 350k .. about 5 hours on the road.
thursday 12/4 Huskisson to Eden - 305K... about 4 hours on the road
Friday 13/4 Eden to Nowa Nowa - 220k .. about 3 hours on the road.
We all travel at different paces so ya could add an extra 1hr on each of those days for driving times + breaks along the way.
So a couple of big days driving, then an easy run into Nowa Nowa on the Friday morning from Eden.

Dont wanna clutter up the kaybees info pages here so will start a seperate topic thread later on, and you, me and the others that are coming can thrash out the finer details of overnight stays etc. .

Cheers
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

How lucky are you people?? Pamela and Rattcliffe get to share me with you all for another Tour!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Col

Post by Col »

Hi John, I suppose that lucky is one word to describe it :lol: :lol:
Yesterday I spoke to Erin at North Cedars, she has put 9 adjoining sites aside for our group from Friday April 20 , and is happy to keep them available for a few weeks, so if you want to stay there at the end of the Bigger Than Texas Tour please call her on (03) 5721 5230 to arrange your own booking for however long you want to stay there, tell her that you are with the Kaybee's group.
As soon as we have finalised the other van parks we will let you know, but I don't think that you will need to book them untill next year,just don't want to miss out at Wangaratta.

Kris.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D All Done.
I phoned the park today .... 03 57215230 and have staked my claim on site 17 . Google the park and click on the Park Map.

In on Friday 20th, spend Saturday 21st in Wangaratta sucking in the atmosphere at the None Dog Nats..
Then up Sunday morning 22nd and on a northerly compass heading up the Ho Hum Hume Hwy to either Yass ( 4 hours) or if still bright eyed and bushy tailed.. Barnsley (8 Hrs :roll: )

Hey Wrangler Kris.. are we there yet ?? :shock:
philmac

Post by philmac »

gday kris
thanks for your efforts. phil and veronica have booked site 18 for 2 nights . Erin tells me it shouldnt be a problem if we want extra nights
when we get there.
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi all,
What a great adventure this sounds to be.
Please include the "BlueBirds" on the tour.
Thanks
Monica and Shaun
Col

Post by Col »

This is where it gets hard..... :cry: We made a decision to keep to a total of ten vans, both for logistic and safety reasons, and while we would like to just say, sure, come along, if we don't stick to the plan for number 11 we would not be able to say sorry to perhaps numbers 12-??
What we can do is put you on a stand by list, and at the moment we do have one tourist who has to double check with another planned trip, so there is maybe going to be one vacancy, how does that sound ?

Kris.